Seeley or swan range montana guys advice needed

Dec 15, 2018
So I got over excited and I rented the lupine yurt up in the southern swan range for three days next week. Iam a new rider and a buddy talked me into it. Anyway the trail head starts at cottonwood lakes trailhead . The forecast isn't great and iam wondering too if there's snow down low on trail too? I was going to pull a sled and take my wife and kid and try and pull or double two friends next day. Well now iam thinking I better get some intel cause iam not feeling to confident. Its a 11 mile forest service road that gets traveled so it can't be that bad but worried Anyway. Thanks if you know anything about it or the areas conditions!

Dec 15, 2018
Yaha!! No we have two snowmobiles ! Kid sits in front of me and I have a big sled but I've never pulled it yet lol. Wish I could stick my wife back there then fling it off some shite! Like a cliff! Or into outer space lol

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The snow hasn't burnt out of the valley yet. You may get a little patchy snow on the takeoff but shouldnt be an issue honestly. Is this the Yurt going up to Morell Peak/lookout?

Dec 15, 2018
On the map it shows it northeast of Morrell peak. I dunno if its the same road/trail but yes they have two different yurts up there. Montana yurts is their site. I actually canceled and was surprised they refunded me . I called flathead avalanche and theirs a guide ranch there too I called and both said it was getting marginal. Toms resort no macks!? Anyway I got nervous for the kids and our skiing friends bailed so we canceled. Next year. Bad news is they raised their rates so you need a big group to make it less expensive. Thank you for responding though!

Premium Features