• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SDI fuel pump/turbo vector

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I am rebuilding a yamaha turbo vector and I am putting a rev tank on it. The tank I have is a SDI tank. Wondering if anyone knows if the Stock rev sdi fuel pump will work for the carbed vector. I already have a pump on the sled because it was turbo'ed before but I figure If i can use the in-tank pump it would be one less thing under the hood. It will make 60+ psi easily. I don't know the flow rate though. Figuring that it can flow enough for a 600/1000 SDI at 58 psi I would think that the flow rate would be enough for a vector at 20 psi max? Also see an advantage that the skidoo pump is made that it will suck the tank right to the bottom may be an advantage?

What are your guys thoughts? Thanks in Advance.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
if the 600 is the same as the 1000, the fuel has to be drawn out of the bottom of the tank, run through a low PSI pump, then into the top of the resiviour around the in tank pump, thats why when lower pressure pumps failed you could bypass them with a full tank of fuel... I just know these bad boys were notorious for failing, or at least the low pressure part, then the high pressure part is useless on its own, so im not much for having faith in it. I had definately thought about it, I just wasnt ready to waste the time on a 2 pump system that could easily fail, so I went with a large single pump from summit.

I just have the sdi pump disconnected and run my fpr return line into it as it worked will with my mounting.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

The pump I have is a 04. It had it's own pickups on the tank. Not an external pump to feed the main in pump tank. It had a two pickup deal on it. I just checked. The 600 sdi that they put in the xp chassis didn't run an extra pump they went back to a setup like the 04 600 sdi. Just has two pickups in the tank one in the back and one in the front connected right to the in tank pump.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hmmm, then i would say go for it, the double pickup is really nice, just not much benefit it your pump isnt attached to it! its a neat setup, I would say try it, being able to supply the much higher pressure makes me think it can flow more then enough at lower pressure to keep the T-vec moving.

Premium Features