• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

scary little avalanche caught on my gopro

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
It was definitely steeper than it looked. I was stuck. And in a hurry to get out! The whole seat and tunnel was buried

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
It was in gaurdsmans pass, utah. Avy danger was high that day. Its not too surprising that it slid, Im just glad it didn't break any bigger.

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Just posting this as an advisory

Glad you and your buddy were safe, but. Avy danger was high that day. Its not too surprising that it slid, Im just glad it didn't break any bigger. It was definitely steeper than it looked. I was stuck. Enough said, and you said it yourself! Ride smart, live to ride another day.

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
It kind of stopped after it went throught those trees and he was out of the way. We were being super cautious all day and looking back, that hill was careless/dumb to play on. I'd say it was steeper than 35 degrees. It's hard to say. I'm glad the video made some think twice. The greatest clue to avalanches is other avalanches.

Premium Features