• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S36 Package Questions HELP!!!!!!!!!!

L
Feb 19, 2011
Hey guys I bought a s36 package and it didn't come with new tie rod ends and the stock ones are WAY to long. Do you have to modify the stock ones? Or should it have come with new ones? Thanks guys!

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Hey guys I bought a s36 package and it didn't come with new tie rod ends and the stock ones are WAY to long. Do you have to modify the stock ones? Or should it have come with new ones? Thanks guys!

You buy new from dealer or off craigslist/ebay site? If you bought NEW from dealer or online site they owe you two tie rods!!!

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
If you bought from dealer brand new they owe you a set of tie rods don't modify your old ones. I did the S-36 kit and came with new tie rods. Why mod the old ones if your supposed to have new ones??? Work smarter not harder

L
Feb 19, 2011
Oh yeah we are Deffinently getting the new ones too but if it's easy to mod the old ones we will do that too! That way if it takes them a month to get here were not waiting!

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
The threads are tapped way in the rod from the factory. You just need to pull out the end and cut off the extra length. I don't remember how much. The end will thread right back in.

Premium Features