• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RT 1000 lean pop?

M

mtnmax97

Dec 24, 2007
Yakima WA
I have an 05 RT 1000 and I think I have a lean pop on a long pull up hills I get a popping sound so I let off a little bit and it goes away and I go full throttle again and it is fine.
Also going down the trail at a steady speed and some times I will hammer it and nothing so I work the throttle and it will wake up and it ripps my arms off.
Could this be a fuel pump going weak?
I don't have a fuel presure gauge (coming soon)
Any advice would be great this is my first fuel injected sled

Mike

M

mtnmax97

Dec 24, 2007
Yakima WA
The sled has all the updates and has the mid 07 maping
Just had the exhaust valves cleaned last month I hope that there not gummed up already. I will ck it out thats for the ideas

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Does it doo this with a full tank of fuel? If not, then the low pressue pump has taken a dump. Also check wiring to the pump as connectors have been known to fall apart. Have you replaced spark plugs? How's your battery? Connections, ground, terminals tight? Minimum 12.5 volts engine off. Anything less, replace. E-rave cables not binding? they're an issue also, even the updated cables.

M

mtnmax97

Dec 24, 2007
Yakima WA
I have a new battery in it and changed the plugs last time out.
I will look into the cables but I think you may be onto somthing with the E-rave because it comes and goes. Must get it done to night going riding in the morning

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I know my exhaust valves do weird things, sometimes they will get stuck closed, pin it and all i get is about 7100 rpm and it runs cold as can be on the EGT's

then sometimes they get stuck open and you can noticabely tell they are open because of the tone difference at high rpm.

The sleave on one of my cables is sliding out so that is my problem, just needs to be replaced.

M

mtnmax97

Dec 24, 2007
Yakima WA
Worked on it the other night and was able to figure it out and it is the exaust valves sticking. Cleaned them up and good to go.
I think I might have to find some new oil to run right now I'm running Amsoil
not sure if that the problem

What has anybody else found out on what is the best oil to run to prevent this from happing every 4 rides???

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
skidoo full synthetic!! I could go a whole season. Also check your oil adjustment, may be fat on oil.

It might give your buddies a headache, just bring a bottle of aspirin for them and tell em to quit being a whiner and RIDE!!

Premium Features