• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rod end bearings and the thing behind my clutch

K
Oct 29, 2014
My rod end bearings look fine, is this a must replace item for a new top end? Opinions?

Also, What is that thing called that attaches between the engine case and the frame behind the primary clutch?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Rod bearings depends on how ma y miles the bottom end has on it. Most do not replace as u cannot do this yourself. You must mix 1oz oil per 1gal fuel inside the fuel tank all the time. This will help line the lower rod bearings and prevent failure as well.

I've been so this since 08 and never lost a 900 motor..ever!

The torque arm attaches to the engine brace (rubber bushing with threading). Correct part ur referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Rod bearings depends on how ma y miles the bottom end has on it. Most do not replace as u cannot do this yourself. You must mix 1oz oil per 1gal fuel inside the fuel tank all the time. This will help line the lower rod bearings and prevent failure as well.

I've been so this since 08 and never lost a 900 motor..ever!

The torque arm attaches to the engine brace (rubber bushing with threading). Correct part ur referring to?

I think he's referring to the bump stop Sean.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Lol. You can remove the engine brace with the clutch installed. Just a few bolts. U have to remove secondary clutch however.

If u need to replace the rubber torque arm, u will have to remove primary clutch so u can properly gap it. It needs to be NO closer then .010"..it cannot be touching the motor or u will vibrate like crazy...exact same spec on the SLP torque arm on the recoil side of u have that already.

Premium Features