• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rmk or xm

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
rode the 15 xm, t3 174 and 15 pro 155 back to back to back.
Sticking with the pro rmk. The xm is a fantastic sled. For me, the difference was predictability. Someone earlier mentioned it as stability on a sidehill.
The xm tips easier than the pro rmk, but its any mans guess as to if it will stay right there or keeping going down into the snow or pop back up on 2 skis. I found myself missing lines because it was up and down and all around.
The pro rmk tipped right where i wanted it and stayed there until i told it to move again.
The xm has power, lots of it. Was very nice and smooth and you can feel it pull away up an open long hill. However, Lightweight is king in the trees and creek bottoms. Down in the jungle the pro rmk was right there with the xm even with the under powered motor, add that to the predictable handling on the pro rmk and I was able to choose my sled. I think a 154 or 146 x 3" option on the doo may have tipped the balance in their favor though.

Either way both great sleds and will provide you a great year!

Although the initial tip maybe easier on the XM it seems to be harder to pull the rest of the way over and to keep it there. Probably due to the modified XP chassis. I find the Pro very easy to carve, sidehill and predict.

I read an interesting review earlier this year that commented how when switching to a longer Pro you really couldn't tell any diff. In handling like you could when going to a longer model xm made it harder to handle. I don't have have enough xm time on a 163 to comment. Most of the ones I rode were 146.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i find the ski-doo steering impossible to get use to for me. i feel so unstable and like i can fly of at any moment but i think its because how i ride my polaris. I push and pull on my bars up and down, like to side hill or carve on the left side i push down with my left arm and pull up with my right and by leaning my body or two footing one side causes me to counter steer. with the skidoo steering style this doesn't work at all. I dont actually turn my steering alot with my arms unless on the trail or slow speed both skis on the snow turn.

Last edited:
Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
I am a loyal yamaha rider or was. I rode a pro for 3 days up in cooke 2 weeks ago and I really enjoyed it rod wonderful through the trees. I did notice its lack of power tho I didmt like that. I hopped on my buddies 13 xm for about 2 hours and I flat out loved the sled. I was able to do anything I wanted easier that I was able to do it on the pro. Just my 2 cents. I snowchecked a 2015 summit X T3 163

Premium Features