• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding info needed

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
Hey everybody, I could use some help. I am moving to he Coos Bay Area and am liioing for information on where to ride. I would like to find a good spot close, with accommodations that are ride from the lodge... oh, and if there is the ability o lave my sled on the Mtn in storage that would be great too.

Any suggestions.

Thanks!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
What the heck are you moving to Coos Bay for?

I get through there for work on occasion and actually bought the last sled there. You are quite a ways from the snow.

You might end up at Willamette pass on highway 58, Diamond Lake, Lake of the Woods or down in the Ashland area.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
Riding

I spent lots of time trucking all the back roads in oregon for 23 years.
some day i would like to go out there and ride some areas you see
from the road. like the junction of 138 and 230 diamond lake area.
just south on 230 there. like your going to medford i seen guys ride
there for years. real nice country there.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Oregon has a bad habit of wanting more wilderness areas.

You can ride into Crater Lake from Diamond in the winter which is worth the short trip.

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
Thanks for the info. I was looking at Diamond Lake area and lodging around there, I'll have to checck the area out before the snow flies to get the lay of the land. Can't wait to pull the rope!

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
Mt Bailey/Diamond Lake is a fun place to ride. There are quite few options other than snowmobiles if bringing family. The lodging is average, but they have food, beer and fuel. Plus rentals sleds (trail). There is a snowcat operation for skiers and snowboarders that maintains a road to the top of Bailey. Ive skied with them and they don't like sledders poaching ski terrain thats wilderness. Seemed like plenty of stuff to ride and snow is good quality. Elevation ranges from 5700-8000ft. They have a trail grooming operation with decent maps of the area.
The day ride to Crater lake is worth the time if visibility is good. Id really like to go back.

Premium Features