• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

riding central southern Utah Help!

mountainsnopro

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Flagstaff AZ
Meeting a gentleman at junction of I15 and I70 Sunday morning to pick up a sled. Looking for some where to go ride on way home. What are riding areas central Utah? I don't think Duck Creek/Brian's Head really has decent snow yet? Any help be greatly appreciated. Feel free call or text my cell also 605-237-8673

Nitron135

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2009
As long as you are meeting that far south, You may want to just meet in Beaver and ride up Beaver Canyon. I don't know if they have as much snow as northern Utah but the ski resort there is open with all natural snow(no man made). So there is a good chance at good snow. There are also two main trail heads off the highway. One at about 8000 feet and one at about 9000 feet elevations. However I have seldom rode there when the trails were groomed at all so be prepared with a map and GPS to find your way around if you cannot get someone to ride with.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
You heading back up I-15 or east on I-70? If east on I-70 then ride up gooseberry road towards fish lake. It has 5ft up high and has good riding on top. Gooseberry road heads south from I-70 just a few miles east of Salina. If your heading back north most riding isn't until you get to Nephi. South you can go up east of Beaver but its not that deep up there right now. I would say your best bet for good snow is up Goosebery road heading south until you get in the Farnworth lake area.

Nitron135

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2009
Snengineer brings up a good point gooseberry is a good choice as well. here is a link to trail maps for both area's. http://snowut.com/trails/complex7/ I don't know if that will be clickable, you may have to copy and paste. If you decide on Beaver then I would suggest taking the north beaver exit and follow main street until you get to the foodtown grocery store it will be on the left and you will turn left after the foodtown and church that is on the corner. That will put you on the highway that goes over the mountain to marysvale. The road is only plowed to just after the ski resort or possibly as far as puffer lake where I would unload and ride up to big flat on the new sled. It is about 20 miles up the canyon to the eagle point ski resort. Good luck. I am stuck in saltlake this weekend or I would be glad to show you around down there.

mountainsnopro

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Flagstaff AZ
Hey thanks for all the info! I'll check out gooseberry road! So if I take that road south of 70 where do I unload? Any restrictions on where can ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsnopro

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Flagstaff AZ
I'm staying in beaver tonite head up the last little ways in morning. Any where I can get a map? How bout a Utah permit? Currently my sleds are tagged for SD, CO, MT, ID, but not Utah... Thanks again for info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsnopro

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Flagstaff AZ
Thanks!

Thanks! to everyone who responded. I took the advice and went down Gooseberry Road until they quit plowing and unloaded at the trail head there. Road down the road all the way back in there found pockets of snow 2-3 foot of powder. Snow was just ok but cool area! Had beautiful weather and great scenery. New sled ran well all and all a good day. Please text my cell 605-237-8673 or post or pm me on here if you ever get dumped on always looking for new areas to ride and people to ride with

Premium Features