• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reverse won't work?

J
Dec 8, 2010
Laramie, WY
I was riding last winter and we were climbing some hills when I rolled my sled a few times super deep fluffy snow but when I got off the hill my sled kept going in and out of reverse by itself. I got it to quit and after that it wouldn't go into reverse any more. Is the switch broke or something more serious? Can't figure it out?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I was riding last winter and we were climbing some hills when I rolled my sled a few times super deep fluffy snow but when I got off the hill my sled kept going in and out of reverse by itself. I got it to quit and after that it wouldn't go into reverse any more. Is the switch broke or something more serious? Can't figure it out?

Have you taken the switch apart?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
What sled is it my man? If it is a 2007/2008 M sled, you either have a short or the reverse motor or CCU is going out.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
can you unplug the shift actuator motor and jerry rig a couple leads from the plug on the actuator side and rig it to a 12 volt source to see if its moving..??

J
Mar 28, 2008
Top End

Remember all the Ski Doo 800's back in about 2003 that had bad bad rings in them? The engine would try to stop and run backwards, but couldn't because of a loss of compression. This could be why you're not pulling the R's you want too. Check compression!

R

rkaminky

Oct 8, 2009
Denver
Oh okay. Well back to square 1. any other ideas? maybe just the switch is bad? bad connection somewhere? ECU?

I am also running into this same issue. Press the reverse button, engine kills like normal but doesnt restart. New plugs and new Cutler secondary.

Could possibly be a bad stator??

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
@ rka. just a long shot, but something bad in the clutching like your belt is grabbing and dropping rpms when it transitions? try it with your belt off

Premium Features