• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Restocking charges...?

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Am I alone in thinking that an aftermarket parts manufacturer is being greedy when charging 20% restocking fee on an exhaust that I never even opened the box on?

Literally never touched the packaging and they’re telling me 20% restocking. Purchased in November, asked about return in January due to my snowcheck still not arriving

Curious to hear others feedback before putting them on blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Nov 14, 2018
shipping costs? from a customer is right mentality yeah seems high. but from a Business point of view it costs money to do returns get that item back in, verify it is the part, still new actualy stock it find new customer. keep in mind some places keep the purchase price lower and then cover the cost of return with restock fees vs adding it into the initial price to start with.
it sucks but better then no return.

Have you tied just selling locally?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Shipping both directions would be my cost. Keep in mind item is in their packaging, still sealed with their branded tape with packing slip unopened..

Asking the question as a customer, who also owns a business and can’t seem to reason with the logic

I
Nov 14, 2018
where your sled at? be asking dealer for $$.
just to add I doubt 20% is much of any income but mostly covering cost. just running credit card is a few %.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
I’m one of the unlucky 2021 polaris snowchecks that still hasn’t shown up, it’s so late now that I’ve cancelled the order with my dealer and they’re refunding my deposit.

Now just hoping to return the parts I had bought for it so I can get my $$ back and try again next year.

First vendor (Munster) refunded 100% with no hesitation - hats off to them.

This one might be a loss.

Parts are for sale locally and on here, not much interest even at a decent discount.

What a weird year 2020 was!

I
Nov 14, 2018
Shipping both directions would be my cost. Keep in mind item is in their packaging, still sealed with their branded tape with packing slip unopened..

Asking the question as a customer, who also owns a business and can’t seem to reason with the logic

I know a muffler is low theft item but have heard of people sending in rocks and dirt on returns so not a shock if they open and verify.
my advice ask real nice try and get pitty as you have no sled to install on.
yes I would be annoyed just to be clear but I get it too.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
As someone who has handled returns I totally understand why people charge restocking fees. Even if the box was never opened by the time comes back the time to manage a return, unpack and restock and item, plus the lost time of originally handle it, its what it costs to spend the time dealing with it.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Am I alone in thinking that an aftermarket parts manufacturer is being greedy when charging 20% restocking fee on an exhaust that I never even opened the box on?

Literally never touched the packaging and they’re telling me 20% restocking. Purchased in November, asked about return in January due to my snowcheck still not arriving

Curious to hear others feedback before putting them on blast.

They should not assume any risk on condition upon return, but if you pay the freight and it is an item they can resell they should be flexible on their policy and offer a refund without the restocking fee.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Cortez, any chance you can share the specs of your snowcheck - model, colors, track, gauge, start - might help others knowing what combos they are struggling with. Any specific reasons for delay given by Poo or Dealer?

The better vendors should relax restock fees when the shipment is unopened and products are higher volume in a reasonable timeframe. Just part of building repeat customers.

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
I have a good friend that ships a lot of items that gets a significant amount of "unopened, in the original packaging" returns that are skillfully rewrapped and repackaged junk. The seller takes on risk and expense when shipping. Because there are scam returns, the buyer ends up sharing in that expense when doing returns.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Cortez, any chance you can share the specs of your snowcheck - model, colors, track, gauge, start - might help others knowing what combos they are struggling with. Any specific reasons for delay given by Poo or Dealer?

The better vendors should relax restock fees when the shipment is unopened and products are higher volume in a reasonable timeframe. Just part of building repeat customers.

Khaos 165 x 2.75, blue and lime squeeze

Originally it was the shocks that were the delay, now it seems the blue & lime khaos sleds are the only ones outstanding at local dealers.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Thanks. Given that was such a heavily marketed track and color combo, it's a disappointment and failure by Poo, on top of the shocks debacle. It's January. If they don't do more on the side for peeps getting hosed like this, they don't deserve more business from them in the future. $ucks for the dealer, too.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
No company ever wants their products returned. 20% is just a deterrent, it doesn't cover the expense. Initial sales time, packing, shipping, receiving return, inspecting, restocking, updating inventory, issuing credit, posting credit & the accounting necessary for quarterly & annual taxes. On top of all of that, they've probably already replaced their inventory and now they're overstocked. It could be years before they recover their money.

Premium Features