• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Registration Sticker placement?

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
so you thinking voting is ignorant? really? LMAO...

and since when is voting a 2 party system? the party system has nothing to do with the act of "voting". parties are groups of citizens who hold to the same ideals. you may vote for a party if they match your ideals OR you can write in a vote anywhere you want, OR you can vote for any individual in any party who you would like to represent you. Furthermore you can make your own campaign, as you have done in the past, and put get yourself elected if you think nobody else is qualified to represent your values. the founding fathers set up a system to allow as many parties as this nation citizens see fit to form. speaking of the founding fathers, perhaps it is you who needs to read up on what taxation without representation actually means and why they used the slogan, and you might find out that snowmobile decals/registration is in no way taxation without representation. Accusing me of being ignorant doesn't change the fact that snowmobile registration is clearly not "taxation without representation."

Hey now, dont tread on me! lol, at least its snowing outside:face-icon-small-coo

M

MPS

so you thinking voting is ignorant? really? LMAO...

and since when is voting a 2 party system? the party system has nothing to do with the act of "voting". parties are groups of citizens who hold to the same ideals. you may vote for a party if they match your ideals OR you can write in a vote anywhere you want, OR you can vote for any individual in any party who you would like to represent you. Furthermore you can make your own campaign, as you have done in the past, and put get yourself elected if you think nobody else is qualified to represent your values. the founding fathers set up a system to allow as many parties as this nation citizens see fit to form. speaking of the founding fathers, perhaps it is you who needs to read up on what taxation without representation actually means and why they used the slogan, and you might find out that snowmobile decals/registration is in no way taxation without representation. Accusing me of being ignorant doesn't change the fact that snowmobile registration is clearly not "taxation without representation."

Ok I apologize for calling you ignorant. I explained the taxation without representation over and over. I do not ride groomed trails. The tax should be only for groomed trail riders. Maybe a dollar of the 33 dollars I pay goes towards search and rescue. I am happy to pay that dollar. However, what service am I getting for the other 32 dollars when I don't ride on groomed trails?

Let me ask you a question regarding your political statement. Do you think we live in a Republic or a Democracy?

A two party system is definitely an issue when voting when most Americans only have an option of voting for one individual belonging to one of two parties. Yes technically you are right, anyone can run as an independent or a 3rd party candidate. However the system has rigged it so only a Republican or a Democrat can win. So yes on paper it isn't a two party system. In reality you bet your *** it is.

Like I said I am happy to buy the registration when I ride on groomed trails.

Last edited:

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
How about this put your sticker on. That way the people that follow the rules don't get jacked. If the ranger gets one guess what everyone is going to get jacked.
Also the officer did not make the rule he just has to enforce.
Lucky Utah does not have to put numbers on a sled like a boat. Some states have that.
2014 is only one sticker in Utah. :argue:

M

MPS

Apology accepted :)
Our system is not a true democracy by definition nor a true republic by definition, but a hybrid of both. A constitutionally limited representative democratic republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a lot more perceptive than most. I under estimated your insight. The thing is it shouldn't be a hybrid, well not much of one anyway. We are supposed to be a Constitutional republic. We have allowed it to become this monstrosity hybrid that it is. A democracy can trample a man's rights, just as easily as a tyrant. The only difference is that it is a mob destroying those God given rights, not one man.

The only democratic process that was set up was to elect our representatives. That is the only hybrid that should be allowed. My rights shouldn't be taken away because a mob thinks that is what is best for me.

Anyway sorry about the thread derailment, but I guess ya can only talk about sticker placement so much.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Utah still has the law that you cannot legal transport an OHV if it is not stickered. No different than ticketing non registered cars that are illegally using the roads.

A bill was pushed through in Utah to allow manufacturers with MSO only (no title or registration) to legally bring their sleds to Utah and ride them. This was done to promote Utah as a sled friendly state to allow the manufacturers to bring in new sleds and do films, commercials, testing, etc. Boosting tourism and promoting the state as a good place to ride. It was done as a direct response to the DNR in sanpete county impounding sleds that had only MSO and no title or registration.

And stop with the whole "taxation without representation" nonsense. If you voted to put people in as representatives and senators into legislature on local, state, or federal level then you are represented. If you didnt vote... well I will just leave it at that.

Transporting an OHV without a registration is much different than illegally operating a non registered car on the highway. The analogy would be the same as ticketing someone who is hauling the unlicensed broke down car from the back lot to the metal recyclers, or hauling that barn find unlicensed Mustang Shelby to the shop for a ground up restoration. I find a real issue with laws requiring OHV's and snowmobiles to be licensed traveling down the road on a legally licensed trailer being pulled by a legally licensed vehicle. That a opinion from an officer who has written hundreds of snowmobile registration tickets over my career. Once they are unloaded and being operated on public roads, trails and land they are fair game but not sitting on a trailer.

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
Transporting an OHV without a registration is much different than illegally operating a non registered car on the highway. The analogy would be the same as ticketing someone who is hauling the unlicensed broke down car from the back lot to the metal recyclers, or hauling that barn find unlicensed Mustang Shelby to the shop for a ground up restoration. I find a real issue with laws requiring OHV's and snowmobiles to be licensed traveling down the road on a legally licensed trailer being pulled by a legally licensed vehicle. That a opinion from an officer who has written hundreds of snowmobile registration tickets over my career. Once they are unloaded and being operated on public roads, trails and land they are fair game but not sitting on a trailer.

And this is what I pointed out earlier in this thread! Transported and operated are two entirely different things!

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.

that the point no normal cop would even consider pulling you over for hauling an unregistered vehicle of any kind it's been the dnr guys that are doing this kind of stuff. p/s for all the b/s and problems this state and country has i wouldn't want to live any where else.

Last edited:
B
Dec 12, 2007
w.kootenays
baa baa good lil sheepal, line up for your backcountry registration card, and in 2015 sled inspections mandatory for the low price of 100 plus tax, make sure u take the mandatory backcountry school..350 plus 2 taxes, oh and forget about sidehilling , jumping and hillclimbing(gasp) can't have that for your own protection, citations 150 buks for all infractions.

sheeps love government...

voting haha....theres a reason why the MAJORITY doesnt vote,

just saying........

Premium Features