• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Refinance...especially if you are a loser!

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Very simple fix!!!!! Call your lender & tell them you are upside down & struggling dont know how to make the next payment. You WILL get a restructured loan because they dont want to deal with selling your home for a even larger loss. My wife works for a lending co & she does the exact same thing every day!!!!!!

This is true BUT you have to get behind on your payments for a bit..take the penalty and let them think you are on a path of destruction and will have no other way out. IF you are current on your payments they will most likely tell you to pound sand...that is the sad truth of my original post.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
You in washington? It hasn't hit too hard here... benefits of microsoft, boeing and the rest...

You need to look outside of your magic bubble. May not be as bad as some parts of the country but it is still bad. How much did home values drop last month, home sales, unemployment rate, major business filings for bankruptcy? Don't look at things with a blind eye. Sounds like a typical Western WA viewpoint.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
You need to look outside of your magic bubble. May not be as bad as some parts of the country but it is still bad. How much did home values drop last month, home sales, unemployment rate, major business filings for bankruptcy? Don't look at things with a blind eye. Sounds like a typical Western WA viewpoint.

I just know in the eastside, it is not that bad, compared to friends and family in Michigan, Illinois, Florida, and other places.

Relatively, we have it kind of mild in comparison, from what I personally see and hear about.

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
This is true BUT you have to get behind on your payments for a bit..take the penalty and let them think you are on a path of destruction and will have no other way out. IF you are current on your payments they will most likely tell you to pound sand...that is the sad truth of my original post.

What ever you do dont get behind on a payment because if you do its over the lender my wife works for will not touch you!!!!!

Serious if you are sitting on a note right now call your lender, It may take 2-3 or 4 calls. Remember the stress test by the fed? The lenders want to keep doing buisiness & have lots of room to work on your notes. Honestly just make the call & play dumb. Same with your credit cards trust me;)

I do have to say the local bank/cu's are holding tight & want their money, The nationwide lenders are droppen their notes.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
Personally I want it to hit here and hit hard. I have enough work for at least 1 year in the que already.

That is kind of selfish for those that are hurting in the area, though.
Better line up and secure more work if that's what you really want! BTW I think Boeing will taking a hit here in the fall on their Space Systems side of things. Compliments of your best bud (no pun) the prez!

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I'm sorry but if your a buyer only because some one will let you barrow but you really can't afford it do'nt do it. But with no self control you will do it any way and then plot to get some one to bail you out of a deal you made. Just because some one will allow you to do something does not mean you should.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Rule of thumb as a Real estate agent is not to put your client past 28% of gross income or 42% of all payments for other debts combined if carrying credit cards, new car payments etc.

the only reason I could go that high was not having huge debt for anything else. Student loans and half of a car loan was about it.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
What ever you do dont get behind on a payment because if you do its over the lender my wife works for will not touch you!!!!!

Serious if you are sitting on a note right now call your lender, It may take 2-3 or 4 calls. Remember the stress test by the fed? The lenders want to keep doing buisiness & have lots of room to work on your notes. Honestly just make the call & play dumb. Same with your credit cards trust me;)

I do have to say the local bank/cu's are holding tight & want their money, The nationwide lenders are droppen their notes.

We've been kicking around the idea of calling our lender and just seeing what they would offer. Like I said, we are not missing payments and we are making ends meet each month...but what the hell if they are willing to dance I'll let them lead me to a lower payment each month.

G
Dec 19, 2007

Himark you are right! It depends on the type of loan but my wife tells or friends to be late on any loan other than the mortgage because of what she is dealing with when trying to help people restructure.

Got this email today
OBAMA'S MORTGAGE RESCUE PLAN IS A FAILURE

By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN

Published on DickMorris.com on June 9, 2009

The data for April and May prove that Obama's plan to rescue those facing mortgage foreclosure is a dismal failure. Since this issue was the cornerstone of his economic program during the campaign, its abject failure is a significant setback for the Administration's economic plan.

In the month ending on May 26th, 464,983 foreclosures of subprime and Alt-A mortgages (out of a universe of 3.2 million studied). So 15% of all subprime mortgages were foreclosed in May! Only 19,041 -- a paltry 6% -- were modified during this period. And of those modified, only 11,200 involved any reduction in the monthly payments! Only 12% involved any write-off of interest, fees, or principal and 27% of the loan modifications actually increased the monthly payments due.

Alan M. White of the Valparaiso Law School, who conducted the study, noted that the data showed that "the Administration's plan to stimulate mortgage modifications does not seen to have had much effect yet, at least in this market segment" [i.e. subprimes].

And the trend lines are all bad:

• The number of loan modifications dropped 11% from April to May.

• The ratio of foreclosure losses to modification write downs (the amount lost in foreclosure: the amount rescued by write-downs) doubled in the past month. For every dollar saved in modifications, $150 was lost in foreclosure.

When Obama launched his mortgage rescue plan, he promised that it would help five million households. So far, he is about 4,969,000 short of his goal!!

When will the subprime foreclosures stop? In about a year when all of these unfortunate people have lost their homes!

Why is Obama's plan falling so far short of the mark? The fault is its own restrictions. You cannot get a loan modification if:

• You have lost your job

• You owe more than 5% above what your house is worth

• You are already in default

• You have not yet missed at least one payment

• Your lender does not want to participate

• Your mortgage is not one of the half of all mortgages insured or owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac

• The reworked mortgage payment would come to more than 31% of your income

• Your mortgage is over $759,000

• The home is not your primary residence

The number of beleaguered homeowners who can slip through the eye of this particular needle and qualify for a mortgage modification is tiny.

(We discuss failure of Obama's mortgage relief program at length in our new book Catastrophe, due out on June 23rd. Pre-orders of signed books are available at DickMorris.com)

And yet there is an easy remedy at hand. Obama should simply say, as they did in Sweden, that the government will simply buy the distressed mortgages from the banks and adjust the payments to make them possible for the homeowners. Then, when the economy comes back, the homeowners could either pay back the government what they owe for the postponed payments or sell the house and repay the feds from the proceeds. If they won't do either, the feds could then seize the house and get their money back. Cost to the taxpayers: zero. In f act, they would likely make a profit.

Why won't Obama do this? It's because a Democratic administration cannot throw people out of their homes. Better to let them default and make the big, bad bank do the dirty work.

All these facts underscore how cynical was Obama's campaign in predicating so much of its economic message on an appeal to help those facing foreclosure. You don't hear Obama talk about foreclosures any more do you? That's because he knows he has no solution and that he won't offer any.

Go to DickMorris.com to read all of Dick's columns!
__________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
G
Dec 19, 2007
You in washington? It hasn't hit too hard here... benefits of microsoft, boeing and the rest...

Still, Boeing Co. sought to strike a positive tone in face of the ambient gloom surrounding the show, saying key programs such as its 787 remain on track and that the industry's long-term prospects are strong.

"Are we down in the dumps about the status of this industry? Have we allowed the current economic situation to overwhelm us and discourage us from the path ahead? The answer is absolutely no," Scott Carson, president and chief executive of Boeing's commercial aircraft division, said Monday.

"At this point it appears to us that the economic conditions have bottomed," Carson said. "If they have bottomed and a recovery comes next year, I think we have a shot at getting through."

"If they have bottomed and a recovery comes next year, I think we have a shot at getting through

That is a very big If @ this point.

Premium Features