• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recall 2021 3,5" Series 8 drivers?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hallelujah!

they finally see the light!

Now I'm wondering if my 22 non-matryx will get on that list while it's sitting in a box right now
Touched and felt the new matryx driveshaft for the 3.5's.

Pretty stoked on it, parts look very well thought out and are going to be a massive improvement over the old center drive combo. I see no need for avids on the new 3.5 sleds unless there are some durability issues but again looking them over they look virtually identical to what doo has been doing since the rev chassis.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Touched and felt the new matryx driveshaft for the 3.5's.

Pretty stoked on it, parts look very well thought out and are going to be a massive improvement over the old center drive combo. I see no need for avids on the new 3.5 sleds unless there are some durability issues but again looking them over they look virtually identical to what doo has been doing since the rev chassis.

that's what I'm hopin!

C
Jan 14, 2020
My khaos 165 is vibrating like a broken washing machine in 12 inches of wet heavy snow as of today.

Do I keep hounding my closest polaris dealer to make sure i get a new driver setup!?!?

C
Jan 14, 2020
Make sure your track is tight

TIGHTER

TIGHTER!!!!

EVEN TIGHTER!!!!!!!!

-SIGNED, YOUR FRIENDS AT POLARIS IND
We swapped tracks on my brothers viper last week. with his tension set properly for that sled/track, i can spin his secondary and therefore track with legitimately 2 fingers of force.

Who's tried to spin their series 8 track lifted off the ground??? IT'S SO HARD TO TURN. Seriously have to have a clean- dirt and dust free hand, and frickin yoink on the secondary to get it to turn.

Anyone else experience this with the tightness? It's gotta be taking 20+ HP to turn the track. Also to reach the 5/8" 10lbs measurement, my track is stretched out over the rear idler wheels pretty badly. My center window is also getting torn up from the center extrovert.

What should we specifically say to the dealers to get the update kit? "Hey it keeps ratcheting, hey my track is bending out where the rear idler wheels are?" Or what are you all planning to say?

S

SLAZYH

Sep 18, 2020
We swapped tracks on my brothers viper last week. with his tension set properly for that sled/track, i can spin his secondary and therefore track with legitimately 2 fingers of force.

Who's tried to spin their series 8 track lifted off the ground??? IT'S SO HARD TO TURN. Seriously have to have a clean- dirt and dust free hand, and frickin yoink on the secondary to get it to turn.

Anyone else experience this with the tightness? It's gotta be taking 20+ HP to turn the track. Also to reach the 5/8" 10lbs measurement, my track is stretched out over the rear idler wheels pretty badly. My center window is also getting torn up from the center extrovert.

What should we specifically say to the dealers to get the update kit? "Hey it keeps ratcheting, hey my track is bending out where the rear idler wheels are?" Or what are you all planning to say?
It's a shame we have to say anything at all to get it fixed. It should be done for free, no questions asked since it is a known issue with the new track.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Polaris's center drive/high tension system just needs to go away. I know it was done for weight but everyone else uses window drive doubles for a reason.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I'd say Polaris is a wee bit slow to the gate on this one, it was an obvious design screw up and everyone knew it the first time they hit the snow and mashed the throttle. I know a few folks who tried to get the problem resolved last year and were simply told to tighten the track and the problem will go away, it doesn't. Good to see they are making an effort at correcting the issue but why did it take one year to finally admit there was a problem that needed correcting? I used to work for a large corporation and understand the process gone through before getting approval to change anything "Total Clusterfuck" to say the least, but these sleds were barely rideable in a big pull mountain application for the whole season. The entire R&D department must have took 2020 off because its hard to believe anyone hit the snow with the new design prior to building the sled. Call me I'd to love to test ride for you, retired and have nothing but time on my hands, ride pretty much every day the sun shines!!!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Track/driver supply issues have likely put this on the back porch until the 2022 build schedule was complete. The bulletin timing came out right before Poo started to email 2022 snowchecks confirming all RMKs will ship to dealers by December 15. The only right thing to do was a complete replacement bulletin and outreach for no cost, no questions. Not unique in the industry by any means. Lands squarely on R&D and Engineering - was not close to ready for release in 2021. Same could be said for the CFI-4 and first gens of the CFI-2. The volunteer customer R&D team to the rescue again.

U
Nov 29, 2007
I was told by one dealer maybe Mid January. I think I will just upgrade the drivers myself as I don’t want the track to suffer anymore damage from ratcheting

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
Nice, I have a hold over 2021 sitting at the dealership that I haven't picked up yet, because I was hoping the kit would come in. I guess I will need to go get it then. thanks for the info.

U
Nov 29, 2007
^^^ I would tell the dealer to replace the drivers with avid or powder freaks before you take it If you run the stock drivers it will ruin the track. Mine has damage from the stock drivers.

R
Nov 28, 2007
My son just bought a new left over 2021 850 kahos with the series 8 track and the ****ty drivers, i was so close to buying one myself sure glad i didn't turned out to be a ratcheting piece of **** having to tighten the track every ride, service advisory is out but no one has any parts, this is a big concern, i know all brands have issues but i for the life of me cannot understand how polaris can be so stupid to think the 850 could run old school **** on their new sleds, they say new drive shaft and drivers, anti stab kit, new limiter straps and sliders on the service advisory can't wait to see how long a guy has to put up with this **** before polaris wakes up, oh ya they need new motors for the 2022 models first.

C
Jan 14, 2020
Who's on a list or something from their dealer?
I just called and he said keep checking in if polaris has parts. But the above polaris notice said " will update this communication..... if required"

Is there a list to be "required" ????

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I picked up my 2022 new/antique axys and when I asked about the drivers, heard the same thing "qualified but parts aren't in"

I went ahead just bought some avids and put them on. I've never liked the center drive/stupid track tension system. The new driveshaft does look pretty trick. Looks like a bunch of forged/machined stuff that doesn't have the same failure point as the old ones where they'd spread out. It's round and it does look pinned so that could easily be a failure point depending on how much the interface relies on that. Guess we'll see!

Last edited:
Premium Features