• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Real world weights

O
Dec 6, 2007
This forum is full of guys that take it to the light 2 strokes in the trees with their turboed 4 strokes but yet they never post videos of it happening:face-icon-small-sho

I spent a whole afternoon trying to coax a couple 2 stroke turbo guys to come ride the trees. No takers, just the wide open steep stuff for them.

Yes, everybody is a pro jock. Truth is, I have never seen a 4 stroke turbo anywhere near the trees where we ride, well except for a chronically stuck T-Apex.

I do know that trying to follow my Pro through the trees would have you whooped on a 650 lb sled, turbo or not. Riding at 11-13,000 feet all day is already a bunch of exercise. The less wieght the better. How much do the Yammi guys spend on wieght saving parts? Some of those builds get stupid expensive and still are not as light as a stock Pro. Don't tell me it isn't important. I guess some of you can keep trying but nobody is going to buy heavier is better.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I spent a whole afternoon trying to coax a couple 2 stroke turbo guys to come ride the trees. No takers, just the wide open steep stuff for them.

Yes, everybody is a pro jock. Truth is, I have never seen a 4 stroke turbo anywhere near the trees where we ride, well except for a chronically stuck T-Apex.

I do know that trying to follow my Pro through the trees would have you whooped on a 650 lb sled, turbo or not. Riding at 11-13,000 feet all day is already a bunch of exercise. The less wieght the better. How much do the Yammi guys spend on wieght saving parts? Some of those builds get stupid expensive and still are not as light as a stock Pro. Don't tell me it isn't important. I guess some of you can keep trying but nobody is going to buy heavier is better.

I ride with a guy (the best rider I've rode with that isn't a celebrity) that has one of them tricked out Yamahas. It sits in the shed and he cant sell it cause he doesn't want to take a $20000 hit on it. He rides stock Pros now and couldn't be happier.

The Yamaha is great for a specific purpose but not for the way we ride. For some its the cats meow but don't tell me your spanking lightweight sleds in the trees with them.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Some of you guys get so wound up in sled weights it blows me away. I personally don't care. A sleds ability is a sleds ability, and that sleds ability is more highly influenced by the riders ability than the weight of the sled. A guy who is 5-5 and 150lbs is going to feel different on the same sled with a rider 6-2 and 240lbs.... and that again, a guy who is 5-5 and 240lbs lol.

Feeling at home and on a sled builds confidence, which drives your ability.

I am a cat guy and have felt comfortable on a cat for years (other than the first ride from my 09 to my 13 proclimb). I know my PC doesn't hold much snow after a hard day in the pow, but I also know that if a poo does, it is an easy swipe off of the tunnel to clear it... that is if a guy can even tell its on there.

EDIT: I just read some more post... I'm not at all talking about 4-stroke

Last edited:
Premium Features