• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

React on 2016 - 2018

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Yes ! Bulkhead is the same. Just shorter arms, tie rods and related parts. You can even leave your orig shocks, if you want. Or buy an aftermarket front end for a 19 AXYS and your set. I went with a 36" arm set up from Z-Broz (but you can pick most any, incl factory 19 arms), then shortened my orig shocks by 1/2" (shorter extended length on the 19's that came from the factory with the narrow front end). Worked awesome ! Just like i had purchased a 19 Pro RMK 800. This year switched all the WE shocks over to Fox Floats (purchased the Float for a '19). Ready to go !

BTW, there is a complete React front end kit available through Polaris to install a '19 front end onto a 16-18 Axys RMK. Expensive compared to going aftermarket - but you have a factory option as well.

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
When putting 2019 A-arms on a 2016-2018 are you guys switching the spindles too or just using your stock ones? I know the spindles on the 2019 are a bit different.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
In my case, i went to ZBroz spindles, anyway. So not sure if required or not.

However, check out the factory 36" front end. It does NOT include spindles, nor does it say you need to buy separately. Ref PN 2883686-309. That kit was specifically made to take a 16-18 to the same narrow front end of a 19. The instructions reference installing the "previously removed spindles". If there is some other benefit you might see by using '19 spindles, that's a different story. Would need to dig for some commentary about the benefits of the different spindle design and see if it makes sense over being marketing hype. But are you required to change spindles, no.

Any after market companies that tell you are required to change them, are just looking to sell you "their answer" to the issue. I.e. sell more stuff, whether you need it (its required) or not.

IMO - While there are some factory things that make me shake my head, when it comes to geometry - I think they are pretty smart. Looking at the factory accessories tells me most of what I need.

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
I put the complete OEM React front end on my 17' . Went with the 19' schocks but ended up using my spring's. Only was able to ride it a couple times last spring after doing it but can definitely tell a difference. More pricing than after market.

REACT.jpg

Premium Features