• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raze ecu and nitrous wiring on Yz450fx??? Help please

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Hello folks,

I just purchased a 2016 Yz450fx that has a ninja back up kit. I do not want to run the nitrous as it eliminates too much storage space. When taking it off I found that a different rectifier had been installed, there are 2 extra wires coming out of this rectifier. One goes to a wire that has been removed from the ecu plug and the other goes to a dual connector located by the battery. The stock fuel pump wires have also been cut and power is now received from another wire that has been spliced into. There is an inline fuse on power pigtail to pump. Ground wire to the pump is installed on the subframe. Do you have any idea why all of these mods where done? Is this normal? Should I leave it as is or return all wiring back to stock? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Cheers

K
Feb 17, 2019
I'll start off by saying I also bought a '17 WR450 (essentially same bike, same kit) with the ninja backup kit already installed. I haven't dug much into the wiring, but do know that mine has been cut into as well. I actually plan on opening things up and just seeing what has been done and possibly doing some modifying.

So from what I've gathered, Raze uses the same ECU for the fx/wr as the yz. This was an issue because the wingman ECU doesn't/didn't have (whatever necessary) for the electric start? So I believe things were done to accommodate that so the starter system worked.

This is what I have gathered from what the previous owner told me at least. My bike had a battery disconnect switch installed, because whatever modifications he had done to Mine keeps the lights and ignition system on at all times.

Hopefully that might help you out a little bit. From here you and I have different objectives, but could both use the same information so hopefully we can find someone on here that has actually installed this kit on one of these bikes.

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
They started out with a different rectifier and then went with the factory one on later kits. The wiring is definitely different if you have the upgraded rectifier.

Run the raze ecu, unplug the nitrous solenoid and keep the bar switch in position one and run it. Dont mess with the wiring if it works!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
All of the mods were done (and this is normal) because the raze ecu is incapable of "waking up" with a clutch pull like the factory ecu. Therefore external wiring is done to have the fuel pump come on when you pull in the clutch, rather than the ecu controlling it.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Brock Buttars (Brockstar) has extensive Yam F/FX Raze NOS install experience and can point you in the right direction -- 435-232-1604. He is in Cove, Utah.

Premium Features