• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raw chassis running boards

V

verticalman

Nov 26, 2007
Sauk Rapids, Minn
I'm wondering how the running boards are doing with snow build up. Is there an issue? Being I wont have my sled for another month I'm living through everyone else right now, and want to have all my mods ready to go when it shows up. I put snow-eliminators on my edge and loved them but does the new chassis need them? Any feedback would be great!

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
I think they are great, any build up just push your foot through it and it will breakup and fall through to the ground! (The only better system I would think is if coolant ran through the outside like Polaris' old style and on the inside, but thats just wishful thinking.)

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
i rode my 07 all last year and thought they were pretty good stock......some guys disagree. i am going to install some of f-bombs "better boards" on it next week. guys on here have raved about them.....similiar to the snow elims, but a bit more stout. search for the "better board" thread. there are lots of pics, etc...

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
I dont think I can reason spending 100 plus bucks of some aftermarket running board things. I'm sure they work, dont get me wrong....but with one kick down on the running boards the ice is gone. Very good for stock boards IMHO

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Need the Better Boards from F-Bomb, almost fell off twice today because how packed with snow my boards were.

Planning on swapping out the tunnel for one with perimeter cooling next summer if I keep it.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
If you ride your IQ RAW in any notible powder at all you will really appreciate the Better Boards. I went the first part of last year on the stock boards and thought they were adequate. Then we got some snow. One good deep powder ride changed my mind and I came home and designed a set for this chassis. The stockers sucked almost as bad as the old IQ and M's. I guess if you don't care about foot traction and dont mind kicking away at your running boards after every carve then the stockers are just fine.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Kick, Kick, Kick

I spent all last year kicking snow off my running boards too. Ever notice how sharp the raised up pieces are on the outside of the boards? You should see the bottoms of the boots I rode in, they look like they were attacked by a badger.
I'm thinking my BB's are going to end up free for the following reasons:
1. Slipped off last year, rolled sled, new bars and plastic inserts in hood.
2. Wife rode sled and did same thing, more plastic inserts in hood.
3. Sliced up soles on riding boots from kicking snow down running boards.
4. I thought the traction on the stock boards was pretty good to, until I tried these. No comparison.
Just my opinion. Bagger

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have done a lot of ridding in powder on my RAW chassis. The problem area is in the footwell of the board. It gets packed with snow that eventually turns to ice. When I kick snow it ends up in the clutch and can area (goes through the holes). I'm leaning toward the better boards.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Casual observation #1 concerning the RAW IQ running boards with Better Boards.

...Do you notice that the guys that have them ON are the guys recommending them! Doesn't that make you GO HMMMMMMMMM?

Interesting marketing information from the manufacturer to help you with your decision to spend $150 to $200 improving the quality of your riding experience/performance of your RMK RAW IQ.

Excluding our dealership customers (most haven't run out of stock yet so I can't include them in this group). From the internet we are currently experiencing 3 re-orders for every 1 set sold between Sept 10th and Dec 10th this season. So far 90% of our customers are still on very limited snow. When the deep powder comes that is really when these things shine.

"if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?"

ANSWER
Heck yes there are probably naked girls and free beer down there!

Last edited:
S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
I guess if you don't care about foot traction and dont mind kicking away at your running boards after every carve then the stockers are just fine.

I DO care about traction on my running boards...And if I did have a problem after "EVERY" powder turn, I would probally buy them But I don't. I think this chassis clears snow off the running boards better than the Van-Amburg Hillclimb tunnel that I had with heated running boards.

F-Bomb, I'm sure your boards are "better" than the stock, I mean there is no way they couldn't be. And if I had an extra 150 bones laying around I would probally pick up a set, but I dont think their a necesity for this chassis. My .02.

D

dragonrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Redmond, OR
Better Boards

I just took the first ride with the better boards installed on my 08 800 Dragon and how nice. I'm so glad I made the investment in these boards. Last year I chewed the sole right off my new klim boots from kicking at my stock boards on my 07 dragon. Easy install and a great product. I installed the board on both my 07 700 and 08 800 dragons.

If you can afford it, never ride without BETTER BOARDS!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Last year I chewed the sole right off my new klim boots from kicking at my stock boards on my 07 dragon.

Same problem here. My soles on the Klim boots will probably go before the rest of the boot for that reason.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
how many of you hurt the top of your foot trying to kick out the ice in the foot well?? I know I did!!! Better boards will be on my 163 tomorrow and on my 155 before it leave the shop:)

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Hey Blake those weren't supposed to leave the shop without them on! Actually it's ok cause now you can give a fair comparison. I really appreciate the feedback everyone. We still have a long way to go until everyone knows about them! I saw ten dragons at McCall...silly slick stock snow holding kick alot running boards. Of course we don't have any real snow yet.

Got a sweet little swift SIX huffer with all of the candy to work on next week. Definately have to quote in my standard field test agreement! He's got an ezryde that I'd like to know more about in a naughty sort of way.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Have 2 rides on my 08 700 RMK and will be putting F-bombs boards on (man I have GOT to get off my azz and call). I almost fell off from the snow sticking to the boards. I don't want to have to be stomping all the time to clear ice and snow. I spent every free minute kicking the chit outta my running boards trying to clear the snow. It gets old fast.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I just ordered some for my genII sleds which will be a night and day difference. Also ordered a set for the new dragon, so it might be a while before I get to review them.

Premium Features