• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Range Opening

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
WTF? A little early. What a waste of money. All to get it opened before memorial day. I'd be surprised if they could get all that done by the end of May. It's deep up there this year.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
WTF? A little early. What a waste of money. All to get it opened before memorial day. I'd be surprised if they could get all that done by the end of May. It's deep up there this year.

Not on the road it isn't. Hell its been bare pavement out of green rock until 1/2 way to ryan park all year.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Pretty much a waste of time and money. Seen a news report on the casper news a while back that was saying how wydot was over budget for the year already. This was over a month ago i believe. I dont see enough benefit from the road plowing to make it worth it.

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Memorial Day 2014=May 26th. End of riding season=May 31st. Riding season 2013 ending date=June 30th. I could be wrong but I do not believe the USFS held a public comment period for the 2014 end riding date!? Correct me if I am wrong! We(as snowmobilers) have lost riding miles every year for the last 5 years on overall miles in the State of Wyoming. Definitely be worth the time to check out SledThreads post about the range closure date!

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
wydot has started plowing on the west side.

500 yards past the gate, three rotary blowers and a little sizer. As I left a big dozer was being dropped off

image.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features