• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question on scratchers?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have ran the side kicks before and to me over time they lose their memory if you will, and don't seem to have the down force needed to really chip some ice. So my question is what works for you guys? Maybe the wire ones and just remember to pick them up when not needed and or before putting it in reverse? I'm needed new ones to fit my 12 154" holes are already there so hoping not to have to drill new holes. TIA, I tried the search and not really telling me much.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
I have the same issue with the one SideKick I have on my sled, sits there in the air, not enough "memory" in cable to push down, hardly enough to keep it tucked on the rail.
Will have to readjust for tension. Next set I try will be the Doo ones that mount on the bottom of the tunnel and pivot forward when you back up, if those don't pan out, back to the old tried and true, till you back up and bend them versions.:face-icon-small-win

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
If you do go with the old tried and true wire version , just don't drill the smaller hole that the end "tab" goes into. Simply leave it rest on top of the rail. That way if you do back up it just flips around without bending the scratcher. Took me a while to figure this one out. It also gives you more spring tension to break the ice.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Scratchers

We are using the Ski Doo reversable scratchers that install on the rear arm pivot mount location. On both XP and REV they work great and make a big diff in temps.

Last edited:
J
Dec 15, 2008
Orofino, Id
I've ran the same set of sidekicks on my XP since I got it in 2011. I have them angled forward like 45deg and seem to have enough down pressure vs having them angled straight down. I sure like them when backing up or forget to put them back up before loading onto the sled deck.

Premium Features