• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push Turbo/Vipec install

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
So I got my PUSH TIAL kit this last weekend, no installation instructions whatsoever sucks, but I got the physical install figured out but need some help with the wiring. I got pin locations to plug into the wire loom for the boost solenoid, intake air temp sensor, O2 sensor, and aux injector from BACON on here, thanks. But some of the locations are already taken up by stock wiring. Does anyone know if you are just supposed to tie in to the existing wires or what.

Pin Locations
Injector
Ground-A6
DC+ - B34- taken by red w/blue stripe

Wideband O2
Yellow wire- B10 open location
Brown wire- A25 taken by black w/blue stripe

Intake Air Temp
DC+ - B8 open location
DC- A25 taken

Boost Solenoid
B21- open location
B34- taken

If someone in the know could confirm these locations and advise on what to do. Also could someone confirm that the VIPEC has a built in MAP sensor that I need to plug boost reference into. I want to get this install right the first time and out on the snow. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
I've been trying to get ahold of push turbo for several days, sent e-mail with questions and left a message on the phone. I talked to Kevin @ Mountain Magic on Saturday, thanks for calling me right back by the way, he was helpful but said he hasn't done an install with the VIPEC. He kinda laughed when I asked about instructions though.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Don't know much about there stuff but with no instructions and that kind of support i would be wondering if i made the right decision. i mean i'm sure it;s probably a good kit but with no help to install it well....... I would be itching bad to get it on the snow as i'm sure you are good luck.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I have a m series push tial kit and i think it is one of the best kits available but the customer service is zero from ken. Look at the push web site and call mike @west Yellowstone push. He has been a big help to me and he has done some testing with the new kits w/ vipec couple weeks ago. If nothing else he will point you in the right direction for help. My kit came without directions too.....unbelievable!

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
You have mail ak. Push, great kit, nonexistent instructions. I have a local dealer that has done installs so I just picked his brain. Most people don't have that luxury.

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
Will second or third push customer service. I have made well over 20 calls and left voice mails each time. No calls back.

Email works the best but it will still take up to a week to get a response. All I needed was my box reprogrammed and I live less then 20mins from him.

I ended up going a different route as I figured I don't want something that has no support behind it.

Mike

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Got the turbo on the snow. Vipec needs some tuning yet. Has a bad rich spot around 5000. This thing is gonna rock once everything is dialed in. Lots of power.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
The best I can do for ya.

The hole purpose of you buying from a dealer is there support. I sell the kits and will walk my customers through the install. I make enough on a sale to pay for my time. You buy from push direct and call me for help I do not get paid for time I loose money on phone. I know this is a hard concept but some of us this is more than a hobby.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Sports/276242729071523?sk=photos_stream

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
The hole purpose of you buying from a dealer is there support. I sell the kits and will walk my customers through the install. I make enough on a sale to pay for my time. You buy from push direct and call me for help I do not get paid for time I loose money on phone. I know this is a hard concept but some of us this is more than a hobby.

I did buy through a dealer and he has helped with any questions I have had. I did the install myself cause I like to know how everything goes together in case I have a problem in the field. He also just spent two days with me to get this thing running. He made big strides but right now looks like the head needs even less compression, as we already have a cut head on. Right now, Vipec has not released a map, but they are working on getting it out. This isn't a piggyback, a whole map has to be done from scratch. Once done, this thing will be awesome.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I did buy through a dealer and he has helped with any questions I have had. I did the install myself cause I like to know how everything goes together in case I have a problem in the field. He also just spent two days with me to get this thing running. He made big strides but right now looks like the head needs even less compression, as we already have a cut head on. Right now, Vipec has not released a map, but they are working on getting it out. This isn't a piggyback, a whole map has to be done from scratch. Once done, this thing will be awesome.

I thought Cody Phillips made them a map a couple weeks ago? Very curious to see how these things work... I would like to do a Push/Vipec on my Pro

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO

I also bought through a dealer, but it doesn't do much good if the dealer has never done an install or even seen one of the kits. I think next time I buy something like this it will be from a dealer that is a little more in touch with whats going on. A little support from the manufacturer to the dealer would be nice though. At any rate my build is on hold for about a week while I'm at work, now's a good time to gather all the missing info and hopefully my head will show up while I'm gone.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I thought Cody Phillips made them a map a couple weeks ago? Very curious to see how these things work... I would like to do a Push/Vipec on my Pro

Yes he did and that was the map we started with. Cody did not spend a lot of time perfecting the map so there was some gaps. Right now the low comp head they thought would work looks like it won't. Will have to pull more compression out. Deto real bad going on and off the throttle. Plus vipec does not have the det sensor programmed to operate with the ecu. Looks like we will be waiting a little longer for this setup to be on the snow. I am just a customer relaying info but I thought people would like to know sincE Ken is not a wealth of info when someone tries to contact him.:face-icon-small-dis

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND

The push/vipec for the Polaris is dialed in. Rode with one of those this weekend and that thing rips. It's just us Cat guys that have to wait a little longer. The Poo guys have a leg up cause the vipec was out last year already.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Are you trying to run on pump gas or have you used some race/mix and still experiencing deto?

Ran on pump first day and mixed in some race second day. With the vipec, we will be able to run straight pump, but the program will have to change. Have to pull timing and get the det sensor operational. I hate to say it but this setup is a couple weeks off. Vipec is working on it but its not done yet. Just trying to get the facts out. My dealer is pretty close with push and vipec so I kind of got the inside scoop. Will probably have to run lower compression also. I know they want to get it setup for straight pump. Hopefully it is doable. They have done it on the Polaris.

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks again for the info and the update. I won't say anything more since I'm not really the type to participate in the bashing. But I am not impressed at this point with my $7200 investment.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I don't blame you. If a kit is being sold and delivered, it should be ready to go. This is a very well put together kit as far as components. That does zilch if there is not a proven program for the ecu. I am confident we will get a program, but how long that will take is an unknown right now.

Premium Features