• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Programming the Computer

T
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
I dont know much about sled ECU's but am guessing that like any newer pickup you can have the ECU "re-programmed" to make the performance just how you like it. What company's out there offer these services?? Any links would be great!

H
You don't re-program it, you manipulate the existing signal. So you buy a box, the stock signal goes to the box via the injector plug, at the box whatever modification you do to the existing signal (leaner, richer, etc.) will go from the box to the injector. Really easy and pretty smart whoever came up with it. Boondockers have one, so do some other aftermarket companies now.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i think the piggy-back systems, like the one mentioned above, are the only thing avaiable right now. it works but obviously it would be better and more adjustable if you could access the ecu directly. unfortunately i don't believe the manufacturers like releasing their code and the info needed to directly manipulate the ecu. but, the other systems seem to to a decent job.

pv

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Accessing the code isn't the problem... it's that the code in there is copyrighted.

Think of it like taking a popular song, changing a few words but leaving everything else the same and marketing it as your own.

The piggyback systems are about the only option unless you want to build something from the ground up.

Premium Features