• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProClimb Video

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
no mention about weather clutch spider breakage has been resolved.... ><

don't get me wrong, i really liked a lot of the points made, and i hope this chassis/sled works.

and i respect an oem turbo 4 stroke.

S
Nov 27, 2007
cats

They look really cool.
Ya all the"weight savings"...BS.If they where as light as a pro,they would be blabbing all about it.
anyone else notice the piles of snow trapped in the HUGE a-arm pockets?
i will be waiting for ride reviews.
any demo rides?

T
Nov 8, 2008
Nice.

I like the idea of the link between the motor and the jackshaft to maintain belt tension. Innovative design:beer;

I like the idea also, the only thing that worries me about it is how well will the bearing on the other side off the jake shaft hold up to the shaft shifting around. could be nothing to worry about but something I'll be watching next season.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I wouldn't worry about that other bearing the race sleds have those bearings that can move around both ways to save on failures and aid in track install I look forward to riding one.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
They kept discussing in the video all these "weight" saving designs they have implemented on the sled, yet the sled is reported to way the same or just 5 lbs less than an '11 M8...

My on 09 m8 162sp dry weight 462 per cat and the crated weight when I picked it up was 473. Those weights were without the cat light boss seat if you snowchecked. I'm a little dissipointed in that dept but really like other areas where cat went with this sled. Without demo rides I plan on waiting a year to see how this sled works. My lightly modded M8 gets me places that can scare me now.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
While watching the vid it seems that the rider is having to jerk the sled up on its side,I know the snow isnt great but it seems it should be more fluent that that!! kinda looks like how the pre 11 skidoos carve???mabe the rider is not professional enough??

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
As far as I could tell there was only on shot that looked like that and it was on the 1100 on hard snow, and was most likly its just how it look that one time because everything else looked very smooth.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
so lets say that the sled is the same weight as last year thats what 20lbs heavier then a prormk...? So F'n what slap an SLP can on there cause on last years sleds an SLP can shaved 13.5lbs! So now its 6.5lbs heavier then a prormk and we still have 20+ HP on that pile!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
There was only one real sidehill shot in the vid and it looks very easy to control, but I did see a lot of counter steering going on it some spots. You can see the 4 stroke rides about 6" lower in deep snow than the others. tank.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Latest snowest put the hcr and the assault 155 at 8 lbs different wet. I am not really concerned with crate weight or dry weight since you can't ride a sled very far with no fuel in it. I think wet weight has to be less this year than Polaris but does anyone know when and who will report it? They have to have scrubbed 8 lbs off somewhere. I don't really care but it would just be nice for everyone to have the numbers so we know what's up.

Premium Features