• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

proclimb reliability

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Hello

i keep reading over these forums about arctic cat being heavy but bullet proof,... i agree the engine is BUT thats it! nothing else is not by a long shot i bleed green thru and thru nothing else and wouldnt change if i was giving an other brand id sell it and buy a cat. But that being said,.... why are they such junk?

my list goes on and on in the 2800 miles i have owed my 2013 M8 snopro orange and white heres my list

secondairy bolts holding helix broke
then hand warmers
then the secondairy a second time only took out both clutches this time
chaincase blew
rail thru my track
chain case again
rail thru my track again
now this year before winter i put anti stab and a belt drive and cat better boards weaknesses gone!
NOPE! fold my rails
replace and then break bolts holding my rear arm ( that are super cheap! never drilled a bolt so easily)
then took it out clutch jammed up....

i love my cat and im not getting rid of it,... but this legendary reliability is just not there,.... nothing but problem after problem i thought for sure i was going to be good all year because i got rid of the biggest headache the chain case. im just wondering if its just my sled

those summits seem to last pretty good or is it because i'm the problem put me behind the bars of a summit and the samething will happen, im not sure anymore

Sounds like you ride pretty hard... However the first 2 years of this chassis was criminal IMOP... Cheap azz Fastners, Chinese bearings, Poor fit and finish, Clutches that came from recycled Oly cans that were machined with a dull alligator, poor steering, heavy etc etc. Dead horse no sense beating it anymore lol.

With that said I truly believe they have worked most of the kinks out of this sled with the 14-16's. What sucks is my 12' isn't worth a pint of pizz so I'm stuck updating it. The sled and I have an understanding, we love to hate eachother:)

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Poo 163 series 7 3" is 426". So add in 2 bags and you are at 430#. So the Axys in similar length and track is only 15# lighter when the Poo is stock and the Cat has a can.

I'll take the 15# increase.
The 16 162le is gonna be real close to 460# so that will be more like 30# difference. A difference that i gladly accept.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks for all the reply, sorry about reply late busy with work, anywho! Lol
I love the sled, I honestly feel as though it is as good if not better in capabilities as the summit or pro. Gas mileage is par with the 800 etec when we're both playing, but on trail to get to where were going I use almost 5$ more everytime
As said the bolts are junk! Like wow! Soft and not only soft! But it's pretty terrible when a 1/2 does fit but neither does a 13MM nor does a 14 or 7/16 for good measure to make sure, so what size is it!!! Very frustrating.
My buddies free ride brand new this year has about 1800 km now.
And no problems there's many many summits around all no problems, my argument is give it to me for a weekend and we shall see, I'm that guy that guys say HEY while pointing im that guy that hits everything and doesn't stop when everyone else is having a beer. My buddy with the freeride rides hard but I find not quite the same, I have a wicked throttle thumb I can't keep it stedy I'm always flipping it,
It's ashame that I've had all these problems and I can only defend cat so much, you should see the razzing I get for riding a cat wow! But no one will fallow me when I ride though.
My sled also sleeps outside cold starts all the time frozen belts and frozen everything on those cold 20-25 below zero mornings I could only imagine at how hard on the sled that is

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
you always have the 1 guy who can fawk up an anvil in a sand box. most of the time its me.
14 proclimb with 1000 miles and so far only one belt.

Premium Features