• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb clutch fan

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Has anyone seen the plastic fan that Cat has put on the end of the primary to help cool the clutches. Don't remember any talk about it this spring. Looked at a 800 that the dealer set up the other day and noticed it. He says it is supposed to lower clutch temps quite a bit. There will be retro kits for older sleds.

Last edited:
D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
ya looks cool,dale cutler has one i was looking at yesturday,wait tell you see his new turbo set up hes got all done for the proclimb way cool going to be one of the sweetest turbo setups out there.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
dont know why it wouldn't bolt right on the M sleds, same clutch as far as I could tell, dont know if the M has enough room between side panel and clutch though, they already rub when side hilling

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
Will this throw the balance of the clutch off at all?

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Looks like it is held on by a stud and nut assy. that is dead ctr on the posts? I suppose you would have to get a new clutch cover along with the fan? I thought it would be attached by the tower bolts but that wouldn't be very strong.

Mike

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
i highly doubt cat would not have balanced it lol

I meant for the guys that are looking to possibly install it on the older(used) clutches... I'm pretty sure you will have to have it rebalanced because of the added plastic part? Just chatting!!!:face-icon-small-hap Later

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
I meant for the guys that are looking to possibly install it on the older(used) clutches... I'm pretty sure you will have to have it rebalanced because of the added plastic part? Just chatting!!!:face-icon-small-hap Later

Oh hahaha ya I'll agree with this lol

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
cats been using some form of windage plates.....previously some 2011 crossfires had a secondary clutch aluminum windage plate on them

(thanks cross8fire)

DSCF4773.jpg

Premium Features