• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

proclimb 1100 turbo clutch sticking

RonaldMcPwnCakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2014
So I recently purchased a 2012 Proclimb 1100 turbo snopro 162. Came with a 3 inch paddle track, boondocker hijacker 2.0 control box, straight pipe, clutch work. Heres the issue. Rode it for 3 days couldnt be happier. Sat for about a week and went to ride it and suddenly it all goes wrong. Everytime I turn the key at every stroke of the motor the sled tries to take off on its own, the only real way to start it is to lift the trackoff the ground so it can spin freely at idle. If I try to hit the brake to stop the track from spinning it shuts off. I have made a video of it failing so maybe someone here can spot the problem.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Either the spider has stuck or there is a weight stuck. You need to pull the clutch and take the spring out to inspect.

RonaldMcPwnCakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2014
Thank you very much for the reply, ill take the clutch out tonight and see if I know what im doing lol.

RonaldMcPwnCakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2014
Just an update about that issue. I cleaned the weights and one was harder to move than the rest, in fact I could move it and it would stay stuck unlike the other ones that moved freely. I changed the weights and VOILA! The clutch stopped grabbing. Just a few months later, my sled was overheating, coolant spewing out of the crease in my coolant bottle, 125.00 CAD later I got the replacement bottle and no longer leaks. Im making a new thread about the NEW issue that I now have.

Premium Features