• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with my 700 sks

B
Nov 26, 2007
I got a 2000 700 sks, and tonight I take it out for the first time, get it going warm it up a few short rides around the house. I loop around the block, come back and then go around again and it starts firing on one cylinder.

I check the plugs lots of spark on the mag side but if you pull the plug wire off the pto you have to rev it up to keep it going or most time it cuts out.

I fogged it out last spring and drained the carbs, all new gas in it. I changed spark plugs atfer this happpend and pistion wash looks good.

Now the funny thing, the happened 3 years ago, I took it out for a ride and 4 kms later( which is the exact same milage I got tonight) it fires on one cylinder. I took it to the mechanic, he could not find out what was wrong. He puts in a new plug and she works again. I put in new Plugs and had a trouble free year. After that year I took her to the dealer to get serviced every fall and it never happened again. Till this year,I didn't take it to the dealer this year.

Any Ideas before I start tearing the carbs apart?

O
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey
is the spark as strong as the other hole? Bad wire with more resistance maybe? bad CDI? probably won't hurt to clean the carbs though, and make sure they are adjusted properly. I have a 99 RMK, they are almost a decade old now. Do new plugs make the problem go away again?

B
Nov 26, 2007
I had a new plug and put it in, but that plug was banging around for a while not sure if it was gpped right.

It seams like the carb is over loaded in oil now and the plug gets black quick.

Premium Features