• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rmk 2012 help

A
Feb 18, 2020
So what could cause bogging tps or power valve I can only feather the throttle or it will bog out and die took the belt off and it does the same thing. Have to keep flicking the throttle at all rpms if I pin it dies even if am in the higher rpms or lower rpms
So my question is could the tps cause this kind of problem I don’t think it’s the power valve causes the sled only has 450 miles on it what do you guys think ?

I really need the help please and thank you

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
I would check the TSS first. The throttle Safety switch. Is the throttle cable adjusted correctly?
I don't see how it is a power valve problem. There is a small chance it is a TPS, but it would have to be way off or disconnected to run that poorly.

A
Feb 18, 2020
Thank you I guess my plan is to check the free play in the throttle then tps value.
The tss has been bypassed only because someone robbed parts off of it, I’ll just have to do more troubleshooting today
Any other ideas would be great thank you
02bncamo

A
Feb 18, 2020
Went to test the tps today found out my multi meter doesn’t read in milli bolts called a buddy and he has one gonna drop it off tomorrow. But am thinking maybe it might be the resistor I made for the TSS bypass I used a two resistors
1/4 watt one 3.0 and 3.9 and as soon as I plugged it in the check engine light was gone So I thought I fixed it but there is a terrible bog I can get the rpms up by feathering it and before it seemed to kinda bogged a little in the beginning but revel up better before it hit 4000 rpm but I dident have to feather the throttle to keep it from from dieing but the check engin light was on so that’s kinda were am at so if any one knows what the resistor value is supposed to be plz let me know so I can compare please and thank you guys

A
Feb 18, 2020
K so I checked today and it still bogs without the Tss bypass I made but not as bad because I can give it gas slowly without it bogging and dieing but there’s still a bog but what I want to know if my resistor is in spec i think it calls for 6.8 and I made a 6.9 and it turn the check engine off and will rev into the higher rpms so what do you guys think ? Plz and thank you

image.jpg

Premium Features