• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro-climb suspension set up?

S
Jan 3, 2015
Utah
I have a 2012 m8000 proclimb 153. It has updated skid placement, and the 2014 gearing. I'm about 190 with my gear, and like to ride in the trees and deep powder. What should my suspension set up be? Shock psi? preload? etc. thanks in advance.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
135-140 rear shock. Front track shock run just enough preload to keep the spring tight plus one turn for best deep snow performance. Add preload to get a more playful front end feeling. Does it have the stock 40" front end on it? Try 60-65 in the front's. Remember to check pressures with whatever shock you're doing unloaded and at similar temperature to riding. I usually change mine by rolling it over on it's side in the snow.

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
135-140 rear shock. Front track shock run just enough preload to keep the spring tight plus one turn for best deep snow performance. Add preload to get a more playful front end feeling. Does it have the stock 40" front end on it? Try 60-65 in the front's. Remember to check pressures with whatever shock you're doing unloaded and at similar temperature to riding. I usually change mine by rolling it over on it's side in the snow.

You are dead on about adding preload to your front track shock to control playfulness and to a degree traction and control in deep powder. It is about balancing the front to the back for you and your riding position, and it all revolves around front track preload.

I am about the same weight as you with my back pack on, and I run a little bit more in skis and about 15 less in the rears.

Less air in skis lets the sled pull onto the side easier. Add a little more air in the rears if you are taller or heavier. Depending on snow conditions you might also need to add a bit more air to the rear for control on a sidehill.

Premium Features