• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Timbersled vs Mtn Top

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
If anyone remembers Allen"s Timbersled kit before he sold out it has nothing to do with what Polaris did to it.

His skid is adjustable, old school from the 70's but it worked damn good and it was a great aftermarket for hill climbing sleds.

Polaris got thier mitts on it and they pretty much scrapped the kit and basically took Poos/sub contractor skid and put in it.

If you know the history of Poos skids those early models were the generic versions.

Long story short when Allen left Poo the current skid is nothing like what he sold.

Hopefully Allen has his **** together otherwise he doesn't have the attorneys Poo has.

T
Aug 8, 2011
This is a raging bunch of BS. Wouldn’t it be nice if Polaris got to keep their thumb on any employee they ever had.

His kit is different and has a different approach on about every component of it. They are attacking the only angle they can find.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
This is a raging bunch of BS. Wouldn’t it be nice if Polaris got to keep their thumb on any employee they ever had.

His kit is different and has a different approach on about every component of it. They are attacking the only angle they can find.
When Allen sold timber sled to Polaris they were insuring no future competition from him in their minds. It appears the Polaris legal team thinks Allen has violated the terms of the sale/agreement he signed.
As stated, Allen will need a good legal team or he will get crushed by the corporate team:(:(

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
I think Allen can afford to hire good legal counsel and Polaris is a bottom feeder in hiring attorneys, mostly kids right out of law school looking for a first job, poor attitude about help, probably not unexpected by Allen, likely lots of bluff by Polaris, again kids with a law degree on staff at Polaris industries with not much else to do. I doubt if Polaris is too hurt. Wonder why no body has sued Polaris for stealing the idea for sleds, atv, Utv, water craft, they didn't invent any of those.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
I've been talking **** on mountain top because of pricing, but this is the best advertising timbersled could do for allen. I'll be riding a mountain top if at all possible next season. I hate corporate greed. If I'm paying out the ass for a kit, it's going to the small guy.

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Also i could see that coming the minute allen started mtn top. Im sure he made out pretty well from polaris employment and sale of ts.. I would have quit while i was ahead.. im also sure polaris had some pretty thorough wording in the contract when he sold ts. And also multiple patents they hold im sure they could go after him for in one way or another, i hate to say it because compition is good- but i bet polaris has a pretty strong case agenst him.

A
Nov 14, 2017
Hard to say if they have a case or not. I think the mountaintop kit is different enough to be its own design compared to any existing Timbersled kit. They are as different as any kit on the market really (which is to say, not that terribly different overall, but different in the details)

Where I think he could be in trouble is if TS had designs of kits/parts that look like what he built, and he saw those prior to parting ways. For instance, maybe they were planning on building a jackshaft design like the one he used on his new kit in a future iteration of their kits. Or maybe they R&D'd that design and shelved it. If they can prove he saw that kind of information and took it to his new company he will be in trouble.

Premium Features