• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Snow Team Survey

M
Mar 22, 2018
Québec, Canada
*What do you like the LEAST about your 850 PRO RMK snowmobile?

The multiple problems i have had, the engine has flooded 3 times now and FLOODED BAD, The first time was at the 6 hour mark in break in mode, there was no procedures at the time because i was one of the first ones to experience this probleme (mid novembre) , took me 3 hours to figure it out pulling the engine over many many times, drying and changing the spark plugs over and over again, looked into it a few days later and there were other reports of 850 engines not starting, and certain procecure came out later in decembre to go around this problem (not fix it), the 2 other times i had this flooding issue is on cold weather mournings -15°C or less the engine will turn over attempt to start or even start for a short period of tme (45 sec) stall and not want to start again, both times flooded bad, one of those times i couldnt get it started again untill the next day, both times i was well over the break in period. My pull cord broke yesterday 1/02/2019 in the mountains do to the premature ware of accesively pulling the engine over because of the multiple flooding isues. I also have fouled many spark plugs (10) all on the PTO side and all after the 20 houre of engine operation, witch coincides with a low end bog that i experience in low rpm or lower speeds in technicle terain and on long decents in the mountains, i also have noticed and my riding parterns have mentioned that there is black smoke cumming out of the exhaust when i give it short bursts of throttle wich leaves a black streak on the snow. I seem to beleive that these problems are all related (flooding, bogging, plug foulling) to a possible fuel deliverry isue. I bought this snowmobile brand new to have peace of mind but i'm having multiple issues, and have less confidence and many concerns of reliability in regards of this machine in the terain that we operate in. I must say that i am a little pissed but mostly disapointed with this situation. Hopefully Polaris will have a solution for these problems.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
It is a small problem causing lots of grief for some. Yes Polaris needs to give us a new map but you can reduce your problems in the meantime. Try not to feather the throttle too much around the 4500 rpm mark. When you do flood any fuel injected sled, 3 pulls with the kill switch off is usually enough to clear it before turning back on and starting. Lighter clutching and hotter spark plugs help too but I am reluctant to post my setup just in case someone has a failure due to it.

It feeds the trolls when we post mapping issues but the more this issue is posted, the more likely Polaris will release a new map.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Holy run-on sentences Bro! :)

Good you put this on your survey so polaris knows of your issues. Sucks to have problems . . thats for sure!!

M
Mar 22, 2018
Québec, Canada
It is a small problem causing lots of grief for some. Yes Polaris needs to give us a new map but you can reduce your problems in the meantime. Try not to feather the throttle too much around the 4500 rpm mark. When you do flood any fuel injected sled, 3 pulls with the kill switch off is usually enough to clear it before turning back on and starting. Lighter clutching and hotter spark plugs help too but I am reluctant to post my setup just in case someone has a failure due to it.

It feeds the trolls when we post mapping issues but the more this issue is posted, the more likely Polaris will release a new map.

Yes, the 3 pulls with the kill switch off usually works, but didnt seem to work when it was cold like -20°C and the sled was ouside over night. Wich really sucks working on it and getting it to start in that kind of weather, especially for a 2019 snowmobile.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Yes, the 3 pulls with the kill switch off usually works, but didnt seem to work when it was cold like -20°C and the sled was ouside over night. Wich really sucks working on it and getting it to start in that kind of weather, especially for a 2019 snowmobile.

I hear ya, they are all heavy to pull when that cold. Likely they are adding more fuel that cold too like the choke being on. I wonder if the reason some guys are getting the bog and others not is related to engine operating temperature?? These sleds can run really cold at times. All it takes is a temperature sensor to tell the ECU to add more fuel because it thinks it needs "choking".

Premium Features