• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help the Utah Avalanche Center..

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Where does our money go we donate?

Can the AFC show me where our money goes?

What federal or state agency do you know who has not had a budget cut in the past year?

Im not into threats by an agency saying we will reduce our services unless you give us our money, Craig when did the money and (donated) snowmobile become an entitlement and not a gift?

When will the AFC start to reduce thier costs like all the rest of us and all other agencys?

Will Bruce lobby behind the scenes again and get money taken away from State Parks or even within your own (Forest Service) so you guys can keep increasing your costs and salarys while just trying to maintain the level of service?

Let the flames begin!!!!

Doug Page

So if I read between the (way too many) lines it says you're on board and look forward to the events. :face-icon-small-win
Thanks for your support in advance. :face-icon-small-win

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I am guessing the legalities are in terms of having permission to show the film and funds being collected?

That is absolutely correct. There are a couple of ways we can go about it. Since we are going to be advertising it I would prefer to have the blessing of the film maker. I haven't seen any of the new ones yet so I don't care what we show. Jed...would you be interested in securing us the right to 2 of the movies? Once we get that figured out we can get it marketed online and on my website.

UAC is onboard for the following tentative plan:

Where: CinePointe 6 (151 12th Street in Ogden)
When: Wednesday November 16th @ 7:30pm
What: 2 Movies TBD
Admission: $10 Donation to UAC

We should be able to collect several raffle prizes. Each admission comes with one raffle ticket. Additional tickets will be sold for $$$.

Another thought to add to the raffle would be some sort of an auction. Depending on the number of attendees this may be a better generator of cash. This will allow for certain things to be made available that otherwise wouldn't make sense. For example...If I throw my cabin into the mix it should generate several hundred or thousands. I rent it for $600 per night in the winter. We won't generate this kind of cash simply with a raffle. If someone wants something and it's a good cause they will pony up. Otherwise they just throw a few bucks at a raffle and cross their fingers. Just a thought...

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
That is absolutely correct. There are a couple of ways we can go about it. Since we are going to be advertising it I would prefer to have the blessing of the film maker. I haven't seen any of the new ones yet so I don't care what we show. Jed...would you be interested in securing us the right to 2 of the movies? Once we get that figured out we can get it marketed online and on my website.

We should be able to collect several raffle prizes. Each admission comes with one raffle ticket. Additional tickets will be sold for $$$.

Another thought to add to the raffle would be some sort of an auction. Depending on the number of attendees this may be a better generator of cash. This will allow for certain things to be made available that otherwise wouldn't make sense. For example...If I throw my cabin into the mix it should generate several hundred or thousands. I rent it for $600 per night in the winter. We won't generate this kind of cash simply with a raffle. If someone wants something and it's a good cause they will pony up. Otherwise they just throw a few bucks at a raffle and cross their fingers. Just a thought...

Well Done Sir.
I think your right on the raffle vs. auction. I think it would be much more motivation for attendees to bid on something that is worth hundreds to a thousand+. If we were to throw in a custom sled wrap, I'd want it to generate at least $600-$750, if not more.
Excellent cause+custom!!!=one a kind.

Looking forward to it!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca

What movies do you guys need permission to play? I can get you permission for any movie you want (forcast, slednecks, 2s14, mmmania9, schooled, burandts, octane, alpine assassins, 509) Ive got a few ideas in my head how i can help, going to explore a few options and report back.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
What movies do you guys need permission to play? I can get you permission for any movie you want (forcast, slednecks, 2s14, mmmania9, schooled, burandts, octane, alpine assassins, 509) Ive got a few ideas in my head how i can help, going to explore a few options and report back.

Phatty- awesome! I knew we had enough relationships around here that it wouldn't be a problem.

ACUtah- This is great and I will try and help out however!

ryder88

Lifetime Membership
Sep 12, 2010
Spanish Fork, Utah
Thanks guys for putting this together, I will definitely be at the Casa Salza for the movie and raffle. Let me know a specific date and I will round up some other guys that aren't on Snowest too.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Matt is correct. It will be in Draper. Most likely Nov 17 or 18th. Have a last few details to work out. But expect this to be huge and exciting with many reasons to come out and enjoy the night. Should have details figured out and a new thread coming up this week. Thanks to all who have already stepped up and started supporting the UAC!!

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Working 3:00 pm to midnight stinks at time but when snow flies morning rides will pay off.

Have a good night and enjoy.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Time is slipping away and we have nothing confirmed for films for the Ogden event. Anything?? The sooner we put this detail to bed the sooner we can get the word out.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Time is slipping away and we have nothing confirmed for films for the Ogden event. Anything?? The sooner we put this detail to bed the sooner we can get the word out.

Have you tried contacting any of the film makers yourself?

Pretty easy to get a hold of and most are more then willing to help out.

The snow show would have been the perfect time to go ask them yourself.
I found it to be a great oppertunity to talk to vendors and film makers for sponsorship and raffles. Most handing stuff over to me right there.

I know I know. Hindsight sucks.....:face-icon-small-win

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Have you tried contacting any of the film makers yourself?

Pretty easy to get a hold of and most are more then willing to help out.

The snow show would have been the perfect time to go ask them yourself.
I found it to be a great oppertunity to talk to vendors and film makers for sponsorship and raffles. Most handing stuff over to me right there.

I know I know. Hindsight sucks.....:face-icon-small-win

It probably would be pretty easy and if I could spend more time and effort I could do the whole thing myself. I certainly didn't have any extra time at the snowshow to work on this. I feel like I am offering up something pretty substancial on my end. Others have indicated that they wanted to help out also. All I am saying is that I haven't heard anything on what they offered to do.

It would have been a good idea to go around asking for donation. In the end...all we can do is work on the now and prepare for the event.

Premium Features