• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pics! From the 2010 Colorado Forum Ride - Sweet!

W
So the internet connection was all of 1 kb at the house (took 45 minutes to upload 3 pics). So I'm now back at work and here are some cool pics from the ride.

The one thing I have learned and witnessed is that owning a Turbo sled requires an open pocket book and lots of lost days riding.

Enjoy the pics.

The Snowest Riders House

DSCN1681.JPG

Inside

DSCN1685.JPG

DSCN1683.JPG

The Sausage Cooker

DSCN1687.JPG

Waiting on the burgers!

DSCN1688.JPG

DSCN1693.JPG

PJ and Powderpatrols Swing waiting for them to make up.

DSCN1689.JPG

Parking Lot... .Yikes It Was Packed!

DSCN1695.JPG

Part of our group before splitting up

DSCN1696.JPG

Thank God for Rhino Garmin Radios... they kept riding past me and finally had to walk out to the edge of the trees and through the storm someone finally spotted me. I really didnt put it here, it was a tree branch that wipped me off my sled.

DSCN1701.JPG

Deep and Fluffy were the two words of the day.

DSCN1705.JPG

DSCN1708.JPG

DSCN1716.JPG

DSCN1717.JPG

DSCN1718.JPG

Who Dat?

DSCN1711.JPG

Same as dis guy

DSCN1722.JPG

Gents, flatlanders, and men with small uhmmmms, don't let the pink throw you off.... I dare ya ... nuff said! The second pic, ah yeah thats another excellent lady rider, and yes there is a turbo under the hood of that one.

DSCN1724.JPG

DSCN1729.JPG

DSCN1731.JPG

Taking a breather

DSCN1725.JPG

One of the turbo's that actually made it through the day... well atleast until he tried to load his sled!

DSCN1728.JPG

Some guy was giving free windshield cleanings (like in Detroit at the stop lights) and offered to dance afterwards.

DSCN1736.JPG

DSCN1738.JPG

Snow kept falling, and falling and falling!

DSCN1737.JPG

Snowest Forum Ride Dinner and Raffle. I, and everyone that attented would like to thank the many sponsors of the forum Raffle, without your dontation and support this fun night would have gone to the drunks. Congrats on over $1700 being raised.

DSCN1739.JPG

DSCN1742.JPG

Raffle Time!

DSCN1743.JPG

DSCN1744.JPG

DSCN1745.JPG

Sunday: Bluebird skies and excellent snow.

DSCN1746.JPG

DSCN1748.JPG

DSCN1750.JPG

DSCN1752.JPG

DSCN1753.JPG

DSCN1754.JPG

DSCN1757.JPG

DSCN1760.JPG

Now who is stuck way down there?

DSCN1759.JPG

and down here too! Jeeeez!

DSCN1769.JPG

Bushy the king of ribs, and a good running Cat M8 that loves to get stuck in the meadows!

DSCN1755.JPG

DSCN1772.JPG

DSCN1779.JPG

More Great Pics from over 11,000 ft elevation!

DSCN1758.JPG

DSCN1775.JPG

DSCN1777.JPG

From this cool carve

DSCN1782.JPG

To needing fins and a snorkel

DSCN1783.JPG

DSCN1784.JPG

Caution Yellow Submarine Diving Area!

DSCN1756.JPG

Oh stop the atitide... put your helmet down nice!

DSCN1763.JPG

DSCN1765.JPG

Trying to climb out!

DSCN1764.JPG

King of the Hill... BOHICA

DSCN1766.JPG

DSCN1780.JPG

It just kicked sideways and tossed me.... thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

DSCN1776.JPG

A big "Wish you were here" smile to finish the day off!

DSCN1761.JPG

Thats all folks until next year. Thank you for reading Winterfreaks 2010 Colorado Forum Ride report.

DSCN1762.JPG

Grand Mesa 2011 Colorado Forum Ride??????

Last edited:
B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
sweet pics ED!!

forgot how fluffy saturday was...........after how awesome sunday was.....

great weekend guys!!

Next year will be EVEN better guarnteed! But unfortunately, it wont be associated w/ this SITE.

According to the powers-that-be on SW, they will be hosting their own 4M rides paid for by your prem dues.........

So expect 2 rides next year!! One for the 'paid peeps' and one for original SW'sters that have left.........:(
yep, i'm stirring the kettle...

:face-icon-small-ton

Just remember, the members organized this ride not the website or its 'mods'. Hats of to bushy, XC, Mule, skijumper, skijumpers-Ex, zachckreek, bohica and all the members that rounded up donations and made contributions!

Well done SW'sters!

Last edited:

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Wow! Looks like you guys picked the right time and place for the ride. Sure wish our snow conditions looked like that. What would you estimate the total amount of snow around the lodge is?

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Great pics Winterfreak! Nice seeing everybody again and meeting some new sledding buddies:face-icon-small-hap Thanks to Bohica for guiding us to some great snow and terrain :beer; :beer; The snow was so kickazz we lost track of time and missed out on the lunch at the Y :( We did show up, just a little late for the food. Thanks to Mtndoo and Gunni for putting that on and the other stuff you did behind the scenes.

Great job on the raffle, Shawn, Mike, Nick and all the sponsors that kicked in the goods! Thanks to all that came to our BBQ on Sunday and pitched into the can. We raised $150 for the WRFA (nearly half was donated by Quinton!) We polished off 10 racks of ribs, but I have 5 more in the fridge:face-icon-small-sho Zachcreek, you should have reminded me to divy up the extras on Monday morning. Sorry.. Ah well, party at RE real soon and I'll get rid of them ;)

A few pics for Sunday.

Powderpatrol up to his waist in the white stuff

IMG_0604Medium.jpg

IMG_0643Medium.jpg

Bohica
IMG_0623Medium.jpg

IMG_0677Medium.jpg

I pounded into this mound and it pounded back (rocks)
IMG_0659Medium.jpg

IMG_0673Medium.jpg

Spent an hour going a 100 yards. lol
IMG_0662Medium.jpg

IMG_0669Medium.jpg

IMG_0616Medium.jpg

IMG_0603Medium.jpg

Zackcreek put away some ribs!
IMG_0678Medium-1.jpg

Last edited:

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
Great meeting everybody. A few more pics on the "other site" B.... C.... R....
Quinton and Bushy, Looking forward to you guys coming over to the GM.
Mark

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Mark

Gee Mark, thanks for letting me know you were heading down.:face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-win JK... I would have been stoked to bring the TM1200 down Sunday. Turbo snow baby. We hit the Mesa. It was ok, but looks like the Butte was off the hook.

Sam

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Mark

Looking forward to riding with you again too, Mark :face-icon-small-hap I think the ear's is getting a pounding this weekend. Should be deep. Come on down and help finish off those ribs. BBQ in MC lot :D

A vid from Saturday at Irwin.. BCIL huckin it, with PJ shelly and batgirl getting in a few as well. Aboot 15 other people checking them out. Great ride for such a large crew. Started out with 18 and quickly split that to a dozen, then 6, then all met up again at the drops. Lot's of radio chatter and rhino's going off all day. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Qwb3WV8BQ

Last edited:
R
Nov 22, 2009
denver colorado
Looking forward to riding with you again too, Mark :face-icon-small-hap I think the ear's is getting a pounding this weekend. Should be deep. Come on down and help finish off those ribs. BBQ in MC lot :D

A vid from Saturday at Irwin.. BCIL huckin it, with PJ shelly and batgirl getting in a few as well. Aboot 15 other people checking them out. Great ride for such a large crew. Started out with 18 and quickly split that to a dozen, then 6, then all met up again at the drops. Lot's of radio chatter and rhino's going off all day. lol

grate video, looks like u guys had a lot of fun .

D
Nov 26, 2007

Bush.. like the end of the utube vid... good stuff.

Premium Features