• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PETA propaganda machine hits new low

P
Dec 14, 2008
Walla Walla
Better keep a closer eye on what your kids are reading or the oh so wonderful PETA crew will suck them in.

PETA propaganda machine hits new low

Editorial

Hey, kids! Want to stop mean old farmers from hurting your favorite animals?

Just sign up for petakids.com and see interviews with vegetarian skateboarders and get free instant-messaging buddy icons, E-vegetarian greeting cards and the chance to win a free Nintendo DS video game!

This is the latest come-on by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals aimed at brainwashing kids against animal agriculture.

With it, PETA's propaganda campaign against animal agriculture has hit a new low. By targeting children they have demonstrated -- again -- that there are no boundaries to their off-the-wall brand of anti-farming militancy.

Armed with comic books, cutesy websites, games and offers of free vegetarian "starter kits," PETA is now reaching into the ranks of children to promote its message.

Parents should be up in arms over this propaganda attack on their children. Most parents agree that children should be off-limits to TV commercials, websites, comic books and any other media used to promote extremism, especially when it involves controversies that evoke purely emotional responses.

Over the years, toy manufacturers and food companies have been excoriated for aiming their advertisements at young children. The arguments have been that children, particularly those under the age of 12, are extremely vulnerable to advertising messages.

Author Susan Linn's new book, "Consuming Kids: The Hostile Takeover of Childhood," discusses these and other concerns. The Media Education Foundation produced a movie by the same name that lays out the arguments against targeting advertising and other hot-button messages at kids, who at a young age have a difficult time recognizing the validity of various types of arguments and sales messages.

"'Consuming Kids' pushes back against the wholesale commercialization of childhood, raising urgent questions about the ethics of children's marketing and its impact on the health and well-being of kids," the study guide to the film states in its introduction.

In short, the experts agree, kids are too young to be targeted for any kind marketing.

Comes now PETA, whose leaders attempt to draw kids into the animal rights movement with exaggerated and one-sided arguments aimed at the comic-book and video-game set.

Four new PETA Kids comic books tear into cattle ranchers, dairy operators, poultry farmers, circuses and researchers that use animals. In these books, no holds are barred.

"The researchers didn't care about the animals," the comic book "A Rat's Life" says. "Some would throw them into a cooler even though they were still alive, or cut the animals' heads off with scissors. They laughed when they were doing mean things to animals."

The comic book "A Cow's Life" says, "The people at the factory farm didn't want Bailey to grow up big, strong and healthy. All they cared about was turning him into a type of meat called 'veal' and using his skin for leather."

Similar dire stories are recounted in "A Chicken's Life" and "An Elephant's story."

When kids sign up to receive the comic books, they also get stickers and a nice letter from the propagandists at PETA. "We hope that you will read and share these comics with as many people as possible," the letter says. "We suggest that after you read them (and know them by heart!) that you give them to your brothers, sisters and friends so they can learn from them, too."

No matter what you think about animal agriculture, this sort of propaganda aimed at kids is to be condemned. No effort is made to present all sides of the issues, and kids are left with a feeling of helplessness and sadness as they read these stories.

But the really sad story is how low PETA has stooped.

http://www.capitalpress.info/content/cs-peta-editorial-w-cartoon

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
It isn't just PETA. It is nearly all of the Libby groups, including teachers who are forcing their own political beliefs onto OUR children while in school.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
vegetarians against farmers HA wtf?

Any of you hear about when PETA tried to change the name of the town Spearfish, SD to sea kitten, sd haha?

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
LMAO I'm a mean old farmer/rancher/cowboy

SWEET

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
and mashed spuds just isn't right with out some form of animal next to em.

vegetarians against farmers HA wtf?

Any of you hear about when PETA tried to change the name of the town Spearfish, SD to sea kitten, sd haha?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!! They tried changing the name of our Highschool in Whitefish, MT, to Sea Kitten High!!! They wanted US to be the SEA KITTENS!!!!

The Head of PETA wrote our principle a letter urging us to change. Haha!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It isn't just PETA. It is nearly all of the Libby groups, including teachers who are forcing their own political beliefs onto OUR children while in school.

People who impose their political beliefs on people are everywhere....even here. You can hardly categorize an entire profession as doing that. :rolleyes:

Whatever.

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
I have a job at a lib college and was checking out a flyer on one of the books they sell the kid's. It described our old tradition of individual rights as "outdated". Made me sick!:mad:

F
Dec 1, 2007
NORTH BEND
I have a job at a lib college and was checking out a flyer on one of the books they sell the kid's. It described our old tradition of individual rights as "outdated". Made me sick!:mad:[/QUOTE

Can you get me the name/author of the book? What class is it taught in and if so is it mandatory reading?

I suppose if this author conciders our individual rights as outdated perhaps he'd like to have ALL his teeth knocked out?

Unfortunatly it takes a decade or two to get this kind of jiberish flushed out of Jr's head.

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
I have a job at a lib college and was checking out a flyer on one of the books they sell the kid's. It described our old tradition of individual rights as "outdated". Made me sick!:mad:[/QUOTE

Can you get me the name/author of the book? What class is it taught in and if so is it mandatory reading?

I suppose if this author conciders our individual rights as outdated perhaps he'd like to have ALL his teeth knocked out?

Unfortunatly it takes a decade or two to get this kind of jiberish flushed out of Jr's head.

I should be back at that job after labor day, I will try to find the flyer that I was reading.

Z
When my daughter was 13 or so she came home saying she was turning veg and would not eat anything with a face. So after 3 days of eating nothing, (potato's served with a smily face in the bowl, beans made into faces etc.) she realized that all her favorite foods were animal derived. Like my sig says if them animals did not taste so good I would look fer something else! Baby Back ribs tonite Mmmmmmm.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Found this the other day... lol, idiot hypocrites

In 2006, PETA apparently took in 3,061 companion animals, of which it killed 2,981. This information supposedly comes from the Commonwealth of Virginia's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS).

The Center for Consumer Freedom, an advocacy group representing the interests of manufacturers and retailers, issued a press release today that made light of this figure.

The press release goes on to report that the average euthanasia rate for humane societies in the state was just 34.7 percent in 2006, compared to PETA's kill rate of 97.4 percent.

Apparently, the Commonwealth ordered PETA to submit a report of its operations for all of 2006, and PETA finally complied 9 months after the deadline.

Linky to story

Premium Features