• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Park Co. Wyoming Sled purchase Law?

V

Vertical Edge

Jul 5, 2001
Powell Wy
As a NY born Snowmobiler and transplant it seems we are not privileged to the same guilt free Mountain Riding as some of the Natives. As you know we have taken some hits from a few who see these riding areas as theirs. This has me thinking:rolleyes:.......... if I was to purchase a sled from one of these worthy Wyoming born sledders does the right to guilt and hassle free riding transfer with the sled or stay with the original worthy Native? Maybe we should ask Ryan (hittentrees) the Spokesperson of the WSW (Worthy Sledders of Wyoming) How this works....................:beer;

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
they are just mad because some of there so called secret spots have been revealed.. I can say i can see both sides of the arguement.. however letting people know where to ride the good stuff shouldnt be that big of a deal IMO

H
Nov 27, 2007
no that does not work, at are WSW meeting we all disagree on the park country purchase law sorry that it still does not work out for you:)

These are public lands, so eff them and go for it. I am not born in Wyoming, but my family has been here since the very early 1900's, I dont give 2 craps about where I am from or they are from and if they have a problem bring it on............

R
Dec 8, 2007
Colorado
Just go have fun! I live in Colo. and sled in the snowies alot. $100 diesel,&100+sled gas $75 sled food,4 nonresident tags with donation to search&rescue,Mcd's breakfast$20. SLED all day long! Dinner in Laramie $80. TOTAL $375 not including tags, All spent in WYO helping their sales & economy.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
Sure an area can seem crowded at the parking lot, get in the trees and your most likely all alone. The more people that use ANY area, the better chance to keep that area open. The more people we have in the sport, hopefully, the more people we have working for our case to keep an area open. I've traveled to CO, UT and ID to ride and spend money. Every one from those states should come to WY and spend an equal amount of cash.:beer;:beer;:beer;

B
Nov 21, 2007
Jackson WY
We all want to carve up the fresh stuff. There's plenty of room. You bought your sticker the same as everyone else. There are some places to ride that I don't freely disclose, but if soemone from out of state has the amibtion to get out earlier or to follow tracks to some random place that isn't on the map, God blessem. If you live in Jackson or some other tourist trap town and whine about all the visitors, it's the same as buying a house next to the airport and whining about the jet noise. Without tourists, this place would just be "poverty with a view".

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
I got a house next to the airport for sale!! If you go out and ride you won't hear anyone but yourself..somewhere else...Just ride and leave the whiners behind.

M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
Just go have fun! I live in Colo. and sled in the snowies alot. $100 diesel,&100+sled gas $75 sled food,4 nonresident tags with donation to search&rescue,Mcd's breakfast$20. SLED all day long! Dinner in Laramie $80. TOTAL $375 not including tags, All spent in WYO helping their sales & economy.

Same with us. We usually bring up the RV, stay for 2-3 days, eat at Albany Lodge, hang out at the bar, plus we bring along a few friends! $$$$$$$

Premium Features