• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P1003 Code

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Hi all - had my 2021 Riot X out today, sled only has 75 miles on it. After warming the sled up to about 80ish degrees I headed out of the parking lot and got about 100' after a small snowbank "jump", the sled starts running like junk, wouldn't rev or go past 25MPH. I thought it was burning down. Threw a P1003 code on the dash. I nursed it home and it occasionally did the same thing but wouldn't unless I got into the throttle a little bit.

Any idea what would cause this? The code is "oil pump outlier". I read somewhere about chaffing on the oil pump wires, anyone else had this issue? Dealer closest to me is backed up and I want don't want to have to wait weeks to get it fixed, hoping its something simple.

Appreciate any input.

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Just a quick update, albeit not a great one, on this situation as it appears no one else has had this issue. Dealer scanned the code, tested oil pump, cleared the code and checked all of the connections, test rode and no more codes. I rode the sled and put on about 60 miles this weekend without issue. Dealer thought that the other dealer I used to do the latest update may have triggered the code some how but isn't 100% sure about that. Hopefully its just a fluke problem and this is the end of it.

Any way, if anyone has this problem and comes across a different issue please let me know, would like to make sure I have addressed everything.

Premium Features