• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ovs wheelie control

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
I'm impressed also. I planned on installing a aftermarket suspension this summer, but don't think it's necessary now. Works great to keep the front end down.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I can personally vouch for this product. Was out a few weekends ago on my M9 with a buddy on a pump gas m1000. He had this coupler setup and my m9 was more of a wheelie monster than his turbo!! Ill be installing the couplers on everything I own this summer from the sleds to the boys dirtbike maybe even the wifes van. :)

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
pine pass area b.c. canada
i can vouch for this it is our pg1000 and we have done a rg 800 with the same set up and they barley lift the front end off enless you set it up so it does this mod works awsome and is cheaper than a timber sled

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Hatchers, I'm surprised that you modded their brackets like that. I'd be on the phone chewing somebody out and refusing to pay for a substandard product. Looks like a piss poor example of manufacturing on an otherwise good idea.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Hatchers, I'm surprised that you modded their brackets like that. I'd be on the phone chewing somebody out and refusing to pay for a substandard product. Looks like a piss poor example of manufacturing on an otherwise good idea.

im making a much cheaper one that will work, might make a bunch and sell it....heck, i might take it back when it wont work:face-icon-small-sho

ive had 6-7 calls with these two guys, same old chit, ive moved on:face-icon-small-coo

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
im making a much cheaper one that will work, might make a bunch and sell it....heck, i might take it back when it wont work:face-icon-small-sho

ive had 6-7 calls with these two guys, same old chit, ive moved on:face-icon-small-coo

better have a look at that that patent pending that is cnc cut into the bracket before you start building and selling them...just sayin
guess that wouldn't be a real shocker, Let Travis and Gar figure something out then copy it

Last edited:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Pat Pending means very little on a lot of products fact is a huge amount of these sled products can be reproduced by any one with a ounce of drive in them to do so.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Ours all bolted up fine and work great. There is a large gap when your sled is just sitting on the shop floor. We though cause if the large gap that it would not work so when we went out that day we started with it truned all the way up. Well we could not get the sled to lift the skies no matter how hard we tried. Ran them all week on the #2 setting and loved it. Much better then stock and much cheaper then a after market suspension.

Great product and well worth the cost.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I built something like this only simpler on both my sleds using Timbersled fit kit brackets and a solid crossbar with a cushioning system. Figuring out where to drill holes is easy and you set it to how much transfer you want. Total cost was under 100$.

S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
ran one all season on a turbo 1200, worked great!! took all of 5 minutes to install. super simple to adjust!

J
Oct 26, 2010
i cant see any pics

Are you guys looking at pics because I'm not seeing the mod. Do you have to
Be a premium upgrade member to see the pics or do I have to change some
Settings please let me know so I can see pics of the products/mods.

J
Oct 26, 2010
Got it. settings had show recent post first not last. Thanks

J
Oct 26, 2010
can the rear suspension fully compress without binding the front torque arms

By fully compressing front & rear suspension the front torque arms through the skid frame back while the rear scissor arms collapse toward the skid frame. Now if you put that 7 position bump stop in the way of that rear scissor trying to collapse won't that ultimately stop the rear suspension from being able to complete its cycle and stuff the track into the tunnel. And if it does then does that mean that this setup is not made to let you jump it or come down from a jump and land on the rear wheels fully compressing the rear suspension. Or is that the only way to compress the rear fully when the front shock is fully extended out because trying to compress the front & rear evenly together will result in the rear hitting the bumper while the front torque arm is trying to shove the skid frame back jamming the rear scissor into the bumper even more!? Any one tried fully cycling the front suspension from extended to compressed then the same with the rear and then the front with the rear simutaneously, To check for smooth non binding extended to compressed suspension travel while at the same time making sure that the track doesn't over tighten or loosen to where it could ratchet. I always just set the track/skid on a big round of firewood (in the front/middle/rear of the skid) with the springs set soft or taken out and lift at the bumper with a comealong to watch the suspension cycle. Anyone tried this??

Premium Features