• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions on 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Hey guys, I'm looking at a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo for the wife, I'm thinking it has the 4.7 V8. Anybody had one of these? If so, what did you think of it. She's got a 1998 Ford Expedition with the 5.4L V8 right now, but it's got a lot of miles (162 K), the Jeep has about 65K.

I've never been around the 4.7L V8, hows the power? mileage? It doesn't need to be faster than a top fueler or be able to pull off superman's cape, just looking for something good for the wife to drive during the winter, and maybe throw the 2 place behind it every once in a while. Thanks guys.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Somewhere on here is a picture of almost the Jeep you are describing towing a four place (IIRC). It might have been before the 4m swap though.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I had a 99 limited. It had the 4.7. It was a pretty decent jeep. It was good in all weather conditions on the road. Off road, it wasn't as good as the 95 with the 5.2 I had. It towed my 2 jetskis fine and was super comfy. Fuel mileage wasn't great, transfer case just like the 95 was replaced. Brakes sucked and were continually worked on just like the 95. But......I loved it. I like jeeps.

Premium Features