• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

old style BD nitrous install question on Arctic Cat F7

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
A buddy recently picked up a used BD nos kit for his 2004 F7 EFI. The kit came off a King Cat EFI I think. I believe his kit is currently incomplete and want to make sure I only have to put one order in to BD for the remainder of the parts. Please see attached photo of what I've got. I know this is an old style kit but he got a good price on it and just wants to get it working. The EFI harness of of the BD box has a 12 pin female connector on it as well as the inline injector harness plugs and the ground. I'm looking for confirmation where that 12 pin goes. From my research, it looks like there is supposed to be a "nitrous harness" as well and it does look like BD does still sell just that harness for $50. Also, built into the old school nozzle/regulator is a black, plastic 'T' fitting and I'm wondering what is supposed to be connected to this. I've seen on the carbed BD kits where that plugs into the carb vents, but not sure in this case. Is there a standard set of BD #'s that should be run on the BD box based on shot size (at least as a baseline)?

Second to last question is attached to the nozzle housing/regulator (where the T fitting sits) is a threaded adjustable valve which looks like it may control the flow to the T fitting. Wondering what threaded line fits into the bottom of this valve?

Lastly, the electrical...this setup uses the little 1"x1" square 4 post terminal with two leads off of the solenoid already wired in on it. I've got a Power supply line and the two leads off of the button left. To which terminals do they go?

Does anyone have any instructions for this kit on an F7 EFI? I checked the BD website and all their manuals were for newer kits which I didn't find applicable to this one. Any extra 12 pin nitrous harnesses laying around the garage? If you do, PM me your email and I'll request them from you.

Thanks for your help; I feel like I'm putting a puzzle together without all the pieces and have little experience with the BD nos kits.
attachment.php

bd regulator and harness.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features