• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil usage

K
Dec 6, 2014
ND
How much oil does a 10 rmk 800 use in the mountains? I think I am using a lot of oil. Half a tank of gas and roughly half a tank of oil. First mountain sled I owned and only been in the mountains once so not a lot to compare it to.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Using lots of oil is a good thing, but that seems excessive. Fill both of them to a certain line, then go ride it. Come back and fill it to the same line, then convert gallons of fuel to ounces. Divide ounces of fuel by ounces of oil to determine the mix. It should be somewhere between 32:1 and 50:1

K
Dec 6, 2014
ND
I see people talking about adjusting the oil ratio on the pump. All I see is cable adjustments. How to you slow up the pump output?

B

Bcorn

Dec 29, 2013
South shore Lake Superior
Had the dealer turn up the pump on my 2010 700 ,they never mentioned cables told me it was set below the two tick marks and still had factory loctite on it.I marked oil tank and ran 8 gallons of gas and burned one quart of oil not sure what that ratio would be.Dealer said he turned it just past the tick marks.so your oil pump might be set to high. I would like to get mine to about 40 to 1.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Had the dealer turn up the pump on my 2010 700 ,they never mentioned cables told me it was set below the two tick marks and still had factory loctite on it.I marked oil tank and ran 8 gallons of gas and burned one quart of oil not sure what that ratio would be.Dealer said he turned it just past the tick marks.so your oil pump might be set to high. I would like to get mine to about 40 to 1.

32:1

K
Dec 6, 2014
ND
I did rough math with a guess on gas amount based on fuel Guage, I came up with 17:1. Do you adjust the cable to set oil rate? Can you go too far on the adjustment to the lean oil side so it won't oil at idle?

Premium Features