• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil line routing on 08 600R motor

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
oil routing

Why did you leave the mag cylinder check valve not hooked up, just wondering. I assume that the two center ones pump more oil than the other 4, and what did you do with the grease zerk on the pto bearing, do you grease that or not. Thanks a bunch for all of the info it is greatly appreciated.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
The far PTO bearing zerk isn't used for oil injection and that bearing has isoflex grease already packed from the factory that is supposed to last the lifetime of the motor...IF you put grease there is will blow out your crank seal. Yes the two center line pump like 70% of the oil and those are suppose to go to your carbs. The reason I was told to route two of the lines to the PTO side was the PTO starves for oil and you need to double up on that side and the oil will drift to the Mag side... there is good thread on HCS that discusses the oil line routing.

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
oil routing

Thanks a bunch for the info, I have the same motor you have, and I just installed the oil pump, just want to make sure I have them done right. I appreciate everything you ve done, one other thing quick, what oil are you running, would you recommend me running amsoil interceptor or dominator.

Premium Features