• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil cable snap ring

B

biggsy90

Jan 8, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
So, putting my engine back in and I know I put the snap ring in a safe place so I wouldnt lose it, but cant seem to remember where that "safe" place is. Any idea what size it is and can I get it from Ace or something, or do I need to order from Polaris.
2006 900 RMK by the way

Thanks
Bill

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
So, putting my engine back in and I know I put the snap ring in a safe place so I wouldnt lose it, but cant seem to remember where that "safe" place is. Any idea what size it is and can I get it from Ace or something, or do I need to order from Polaris.
2006 900 RMK by the way

Thanks
Bill

If you find that safe place, let me know because I have some stuff there too!
you can probably call the dealer and get the diameter.

B

biggsy90

Jan 8, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
I dont have a dealer near by, but may try the the closest one. Kinda wish I had the old cable to take with me somewhere,dont really want to remove it again, just being lazy.

B

biggsy90

Jan 8, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
Dealer couldnt give a size so put a micrometer on it and measured 5/16. not a digital but old school dial. Bought a 5/16 E-clip from home depot. seems to fit fine. doesnt rotate well, but isnt going anywhere so should be good.
Thanks
Bill

Premium Features