• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFFICIAL '13 COLORADO FORUM RIDE INFO

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Since the news hit, I have been wondering what happened, where, etc. Will you let us in on the story? Are there lessons to be learned? Thanks!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
unfortunatly it wasnt because i was doing any wicked cool stuff . what I remenber is about Zero. I recall riding in some aspen trees abot 2.5 miles nw of TML coming up a hill an then looking up at my freinds asking if I was ok.

I am told I hit an aspen an the top 20' broke off and fell on me. I have no memory of hitting the tree or it hitting me becasuse I was KOed. they showed me the tree top an my sled has a bent A-arm but not bad . it was just one on those freak thinggs I guess.

moral of the strory "dont hit trees ":D

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Thanks for letting us know about it. Sorry your trip got screwed up. I hope it didn't sour you forever on GM. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and expect you back on your sled next year.

Alan

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
We had dropped into an area that was all full growth aspens, the sun had baked the snow and made it crusty, so we were headed back out the way we came in. I think Kreg might have caught a bit of someone's trench and it kicked him head on into the tree. About 20' up is where it snapped off and the section was pretty long. It took 2 of us to pick up that section and move it. It hit Kreg on the head and arm, knocked him out cold.

What at amazed me is that he didn't make a peep about the pain at all, no moaning, no wincing, nothing. It was really creepy. I know about shock, but the lights were on but there didn't seem to be anybody home at all. I left with part of the crew to go get help, so I wasn't there to see the rest. As Jeremy tells it, you were clueless, very scary stuff.

Premium Features