• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro rear wheel alternatives...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Looking to replace my rear wheels on my mtx as my bearings are shot. Looking at the parts diagrams, the bearings don't seem replaceable on the outer wheels. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative then 50 bucks or more for the new wheel assemblies? Fricken yamaha.....

ps.. Anyone know if the wheels are interchangeable with other year yamaha's? The nytro uses a 20 mm shaft, not sure on what the OD of the rear wheels are though... forgot to measure them this morning.

Thanks

Last edited:
W

woodies

hmmmm i've always got replacement bearings for anything at parts store.take it out and walk in with bearing in hand, they'll have it or order it!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
hmmmm i've always got replacement bearings for anything at parts store.take it out and walk in with bearing in hand, they'll have it or order it!

It doesn't look like you can remove the bearings on the outer wheels...

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
They are 7" wheels. I can't remember if the outer ones are replacable though. I know the inner all black wheel uses a 6008 2RS ( double sealed ) bearing. 42mm o.d. 20 mm i.d. and 12mm wide. They have been using the same wheels for years now. They were the same wheels on my 02 Viper. I have some used ones if you can't find any. pm me if you can't locate them.

scmurs

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
They are 7" wheels. I can't remember if the outer ones are replacable though. I know the inner all black wheel uses a 6008 2RS ( double sealed ) bearing. 42mm o.d. 20 mm i.d. and 12mm wide. They have been using the same wheels for years now. They were the same wheels on my 02 Viper. I have some used ones if you can't find any. pm me if you can't locate them.

scmurs

Sent a pm... aren't they 6004's too? I think I found a good source at sled parts.com.. I will let you guys know how it works out!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Had a hard time justifying spending money on the same size wheels and bearings. Ended up going with a freedom axle and composite 8" wheels. Thanks for all the help.

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
Had a hard time justifying spending money on the same size wheels and bearings. Ended up going with a freedom axle and composite 8" wheels. Thanks for all the help.

Nice.. post some pics when you are done... that isn't a cheaper alternative than 50 bucks for a new wheel assembly from yamaha :D

Premium Features