• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Float Plates

S
Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, WA
Anyone use a Float Plate on their Nytro? Does it help any? Is it a Yamaha one or aftermarket? The Yamaha one looks huge. The Timbersled Boonie Bumper looks good but the plate is narrow. Has anyone used this one? How did it work? Thanks

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I run a skinz. I mainly bought mine for stump bumping protection which it does well. As for the float factor, I think it really helps on deep downhill pow. I never seem to submerge as much as I used to.

Early this season I rode a ultra light 9 degree 3-4ft deep day. We were boondocking flatland breaking trail for 20+ miles and sure helped keep the nose above water. People say they are ugly, but the last thing I'm trying to do is make some fashion statement with my sled.

20081218_222647_Stampede-Pass-1.jpg

B
Nov 27, 2007
I put a skinz on my wife's sled, word of caution do not cut the hole in the plate for draining water, it just acts like a big shovel.

B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
I use the skinz as well. I would agree with bullitt as is does scoop snow. Plus the hole you cut is just the right angle to snag stumps, etc. Ive had the opportunity to get thrown over the bars from this happening. I would say worth the money though, keeps the front up and does protect the bottom. If you go the Yamaha route, you have to purchase their bumper and plate, roughly $300 retail for the pair and it doesnt look like it covers as much as the skinz.

T

turbo nytro

Dec 14, 2008
Alberta
Yammi float plate

I'm running the wide yammi float on mine with the aftermarket yammi bumper , must say it works awesome . The only draw back I found is if it's the right temp with sticky snow it piles up under the motor then sometimes freezes along with the steering with the heat. As for that no problems ,happened once, & if your running a nytro well then $300 is short change. Yammi say's that it only fits with one style bumper well I had no problem with my bumper that they say it wont fit .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tapex,alpine front mount,162x16x2.5 xtreme ,cr rear,billet m-10,je rods, pistons, heavy studs, nos, meth,+ much more
Tnytro,mcx mid,162x16x2.5 xtreme,cr rear, reflashed box

IMG_0658.jpg

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I run a skinz. I mainly bought mine for stump bumping protection which it does well. As for the float factor, I think it really helps on deep downhill pow. I never seem to submerge as much as I used to.

Early this season I rode a ultra light 9 degree 3-4ft deep day. We were boondocking flatland breaking trail for 20+ miles and sure helped keep the nose above water. People say they are ugly, but the last thing I'm trying to do is make some fashion statement with my sled.

20081218_222647_Stampede-Pass-1.jpg

Good looking sled for not trying to make a fashion statement. :beer;
I've ridden one (that I'm buying) with the skinz plate and it worked great as has been stated. Better floatation and it seems to help improve tipping in the deep powder as well. The increased surface area really allows the sled to hold a line better when carving and boondocking. That is what I found with my dragon as well.

Premium Features