• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro engine questions

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Tons of posts on this subject..Try the search,,, when i did mine I pulled it way easier to work on motor on a workbench.. Motor isnt that heavy I picked it up off floor out of frame by hand with ease...

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You do not have to pull the motor, you can rock it forward on the front motor mounts to install a head shim.........but I will tell you it is probably 30 minutes faster to pull the whole motor as you have better access to the cam chain tensioner and you will cuss a lot less. Just pull it out, install the shim and put it back in. One guy can lift the motor, I would have two to re install it.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
You do not have to pull the motor, you can rock it forward on the front motor mounts to install a head shim.........but I will tell you it is probably 30 minutes faster to pull the whole motor as you have better access to the cam chain tensioner and you will cuss a lot less. Just pull it out, install the shim and put it back in. One guy can lift the motor, I would have two to re install it.

yep one guy can lift and one can put it back in, but for me it was a mf to get it lined up and mounts back on by myself!
have someone help you!!

Premium Features