• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Northern Wisconsin Bayfield County Trails

H
Dec 11, 2008
I just got off the phone with Groomer Randy who is the head groomer for the Valhellers Snowmobile Club and the Valhalla and Pub N Grub area trails that head up into the Bayfield Peninsula and up near Cornicopia, down South to the Pit Stop, and West toward Iron River. The groomer went down from a flat tire on Friday so that is the reason for the rough trails this past weekend. I was in the Pub N Grub area on Saturday and although I saw many sleds at the Pub I saw very few on the trails or forest roads that I run most often. Some of the forest roads were untouched as of Saturday. It seems most of the riders in the area come from down south and don't stay in our area overnight and I sometimes wonder why that is? Most are here on a 2 or 3 night stay and I feel if they were to stay here with us they'd have a better trail system to ride being the groomer is based out of the Pub N Grub. I'd like to think our cabins are 2nd to none for comfort and trail access, with gas available 24/7 and food and refreshments right at the cabin site! FOR THE REST OF THE 2012 SNOWMOBILE SEASON I WILL BE RUNNING A SPECIAL ON CABIN RENTALS FOR THE CHEQUAMEGON AND BAYFIELD CABINS ONLY. Our cabins are under new management, newly decorated, and available to rent by phone with no need to check into any office. Just call the Winnfield Inn @ 715 779 3252 to book a stay. THE CABINS NORMALLY RENT FOR 130.00 PER NIGHT. WE WILL RENT THEM FOR 100.00 PER NIGHT FOR UP TO 4 GUESTS. If you want to stay longer we will work with you! Walk and Drive ins are welcome! There is a sign posted in front of the cabin for rental information. The cabins are located near the entrance to the Pub N Grub off the 12.5 MPH road/trail about 1 block from the main trail for a quieter stay. PM me if you have any questions!

Groomer Randy said the trails will be groomed, not just panned, and back in great condition starting Monday. It's unfortunate that the groomer went down on a weekend but we hope we can make it up to you all and get our trail system back in good running conditions! Come stay with us for a safe and enjoyable riding environment!

seger concert 011.jpg seger concert rzr photos from kelly's camera 235.jpg seger concert 005.jpg seger concert 004.jpg seger concert 009.jpg

Premium Features