• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Northern MN - UNREAL!

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Well, I was just up at Lake Vermilion for the past few days on the Cook end. I have not been up north since Christmas and have only had my Pro out once this year.

I could not believe the snow up there. I rode the edge of the lake, a few logging roads and some swamps and power lines and it seemed like I was the only one that had ridden these areas all year. Riding conditions were extremely challenging for me, especially in the areas with some slope. Out west when negotiating a side hill I can hang one leg off and usually push off with it and use it for balance. Up north, I could hang off as far as I wanted and there was nothing solid to push off. Just foot after foot of fresh powder. No way I would have wanted to have been riding anything shorter than a 155.

The unfortunate part was that out of the 10 other guys that were up at the lake with me, no one else had a snowmobile which made me a little hesitant to head off too far.

Had my GoPro on for a little while and will try to post a clip or two later this week. After watching the video last night though it just doesn't do the conditions justice.

Joe

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
It seems the Mid-West is getting hammered with snow this season. Also with the snow it has been super cold.
Have fun and keep tearing it up.

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
I can only imagine how good it is now. This pic is from December near Lutsen. There was a solid 48" back then.

lutsen.jpg

J

jds

Mar 13, 2008
duluth mn.
I hear ya joe the riding has been great. Been playing in swamps around my place and there has been snow over the windshield. Deff don't want to get stuck by yourself. If come up get ahold of me we go out for a ride I know Owen and the boys are riding this weekend but I will be in the cities. Damn.
Brent

J

jds

Mar 13, 2008
duluth mn.
Great video. Snow looks great. Hard to justify going out west when we got snow like this

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
Was just north of two harbors around the Isabella and Finland area and had a blast. Had plenty of snow in the woods and certain sides of large swamps. Had plenty of good stucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Hey Joe.......Cool aye?

The reason no one's been out, It's been dang cold!
Yes, the snow is good. I just had an amazing ride north of Boulder Lake. Mike with his 146'' XP Summit needs more track. Me with the heavier but longer track 162'' was somewhat afraid to stop. Dangerous Dave with his new Pro 163'' was also getting stuck. Carving all day and burning up 3/4 tank of fuel in forty miles , says it all.

B
Jun 9, 2002
MN
Riding Monday thru Wednesday. Leaving from Virginia and headed towards I Falls and back. Hope there is some left.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
This week looks good to hold our snow.

It will still melt next to dark surfaces, but the rest of the snow should hold up well. At least up north.

woods trail March.jpg

awd95mn

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
I'm considering heading to Duluth this weekend to get some riding in. It looks like it might be snowing there now. Anyone have a report on how the trails look?

Premium Features