• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Noob: 2005 rmk 900 Liberty/CFI Mystery Hose/Running Rough

B
Feb 28, 2024
Kalispell, MT
Hey all,

All the info is in the video but basically can’t figure out where the third hose coming off of what I believe is the fuel pump goes. Specifically, where the hose is supposed to attach and what does it actually does.

Spent an hour or so reviewing posts, manual, diagrams, etc… nothing definitive.

Total noob here. First sled, fifth time running it, 2nd time after doing head gaskets. Ran awesome after gaskets and new plugs, now it’s running rough. Still starts on first/second pull and idles.

I say in the video that it was “running normal, not smoking” obviously it was smoking a bit, just not excessively like before I did the head gaskets.

Again, more details in video.

Thanks in advance for any help!

<iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/744D0SOybng" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; fullscreen" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100%;"><small>Powered by <a href="https://embed.tube/embed-code-generator/youtube/">youtube embed video</a> generator</small></iframe>

B
Feb 28, 2024
Kalispell, MT
Hey all,

All the info is in the video but basically can’t figure out where the third hose coming off of what I believe is the fuel pump goes. Specifically, where the hose is supposed to attach and what does it actually does.

Spent an hour or so reviewing posts, manual, diagrams, etc… nothing definitive.

Total noob here. First sled, fifth time running it, 2nd time after doing head gaskets. Ran awesome after gaskets and new plugs, now it’s running rough. Still starts on first/second pull and idles.

I say in the video that it was “running normal, not smoking” obviously it was smoking a bit, just not excessively like before I did the head gaskets.

Again, more details in video.

Thanks in advance for any help!
If YouTube embed not working here is link:

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
In previous years where the fuel pump runs on suction from the crank case, there are three hoses. The long hose that you were holding, looks like it plugs into the bottom rear of the crankcase and there should have been a small metal clamp on the end to keep it from being easily pulled off. The other two hoses that go to the fuel pump, come from the input fuel line just behind the on/off valve, and the other goes to the carburetors cross pipe that distributes gas to both carb halves.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Perhaps it goes to the fuel / vapor separator. Go to any Polaris parts reference such as Carl's cycles, to find out what the separator looks like.

Premium Features