• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Non-Slash snow flap on Slash tunnel

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Cooling issues here folks.

Sled is a 23 165 Khaos Slash. Does anyone know if the non-Slash snow flap fits and is a direct bolt on to the Slash tunnel?

This is what I am after.

aaaa - matryx with flap.jpg

Last edited:

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Get some ice storm scratchers or the My24 scratchers. I run ice storms on my MY22 slash and stay cool even on icy days.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Get some ice storm scratchers or the My24 scratchers. I run ice storms on my MY22 slash and stay cool even on icy days.
Funny you should mention that. They just came in the mail today! Still looking to put the snow flap on though. I've learned the hard way that even the best I scratchers don't necessarily throw snow. There is a difference. The ice storm scratchers throw snow. Can't wait to get them on.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Sweet! Ya, they chuck snow for sure and can say from experience, you shouldn’t need a snow flap. But, if ya really want one, you could fab something up I’m sure. Doubt the non slash one will fit, but might with some modifying.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I have two buddies that put snow flaps on. their Matryx sleds. Big difference in cooling.

They had to do some mods to get it to fit though.

Poo should make one like Doo that snaps on.

S
Feb 23, 2022
US
Funny you should mention that. They just came in the mail today! Still looking to put the snow flap on though. I've learned the hard way that even the best I scratchers don't necessarily throw snow. There is a difference. The ice storm scratchers throw snow. Can't wait to get them on.
Send the ice storms back and buy the 2024 factory polaris scratchers. I bet your Temps drop 40 degrees

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Send the ice storms back and buy the 2024 factory polaris scratchers. I bet your Temps drop 40 degrees

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Agreed. I’d try this before adding more length to the slash tunnel. That long flap is rigid and would help the sled hang up easier. Potentially more stucks.

What are your coolant temps?

Last edited:

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
I put the 24' scratchers on my 23', BIG difference in cooling. They are further forward and actually put snow on the cooler. In my neck of the woods you gotta get out early to not get stuck behind the 4 place enclosed guys that get stuck, so the 7ish mile trail is always icy. Used to have to watch the temps like a hawk, but now don't even have to worry about it. Definitely try the 24' factory scratchers before you put the effort in to modifying the big flap to fit.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
It’s silly that we’re having this issue.
Polaris F’d up by putting such a short cooler on the slash 155+ tunnels.
The 146 comes with a longer cooler and does great.

My next sled will be a 146 with whatever flavor track I want.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
It’s silly that we’re having this issue.
Polaris F’d up by putting such a short cooler on the slash 155+ tunnels.
The 146 comes with a longer cooler and does great.

My next sled will be a 146 with whatever flavor track I want.
Honestly the new scratchers make it a non-issue. I knew everyone was saying it, but I didn't realize what a big difference they were until I saw it for myself.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Anyone have a picture of the 2024 scratchers? Looking on the parts microfiche does not really show much. The conditions we see sometimes the scratchers need to throw a little snow too and not just scratch some ice / hardpack, especially in spring riding (like corn snow under 1-2 inches of fresh).

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Anyone have a picture of the 2024 scratchers? Looking on the parts microfiche does not really show much. The conditions we see sometimes the scratchers need to throw a little snow too and not just scratch some ice / hardpack, especially in spring riding (like corn snow under 1-2 inches of fresh).
Screenshot_20240328_111354_Chrome.jpg

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Thanks! Ironically that design still would not have worked very well in those snow conditions. Maybe well enough since they are mounted further forward. But the style of the end of the wire style scratchers like the Ibex was simply "drawing a line" in the snow and nothing was going up in the air to speak of into the skid or tunnel. The OTTP ice storm scratchers have that bigger v-shaped foot on the end that were throwing stuff up and not just drawing a line in the snow...

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I never would have believed that the '24 scratchers could make much difference, if any, but I've seen it first hand. My buddy and I both have 155" Slash sleds. He added '24 scratchers. His ran 50-60 degrees cooler on the same day.

RNO

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2012
It is not hard to do, I have done about six now. Need to purchase the following from the non slash pro rmk. Also, you have to drill out one of the two rivets that hold the flap mounting brackets. POO wants $4 a piece for those rivets, you can go buy a box of them from any hardware store.

1711655154368.png1711655224287.png1711655437199.png

RNO

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2012
If you ride in snow that sets up fast like the Sierra Cement in Norther CA, replace the stock slash cooler with the MTNTK cooler. I have done four of these conversions. Its a bit of work and adds about 8lbs. If your worried about weight, lose 8lbs. MTNTK on the left and the stock slash on the right.
MTNTK.jpg

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If you ride in snow that sets up fast like the Sierra Cement in Norther CA, replace the stock slash cooler with the MTNTK cooler. I have done four of these conversions. Its a bit of work and adds about 8lbs. If your worried about weight, lose 8lbs. MTNTK on the left and the stock slash on the right.
View attachment 418366
I did the mtntk 3' supplemental cooler on my Axys and loved it, but cooler replacement seems like a lot more work on the Matryx. My '22 165 slash with the OTTP ice storm coolers was staying pretty decently cool in all conditions though, I also added the Everett extendible flap but not convinced it helps much, tried with it out and in. The ice storms are da bomb. Do you kids still say that? ;)

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Thanks! Ironically that design still would not have worked very well in those snow conditions. Maybe well enough since they are mounted further forward. But the style of the end of the wire style scratchers like the Ibex was simply "drawing a line" in the snow and nothing was going up in the air to speak of into the skid or tunnel. The OTTP ice storm scratchers have that bigger v-shaped foot on the end that were throwing stuff up and not just drawing a line in the snow...
The 24 scratchers work stellar. Mounted farther forward, big paddle on end plus they are twisted so the paddle is angled and throws snow towards sled. Even loads running boards. They do work. Lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Premium Features